This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

SRM certification "associate level"

All postings related to SRM only

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish

SRM certification "associate level"

Postby octavio » Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:06 pm

Hi SRM friends,

Can someone explain to me what exactly is the difference between these two SRM certification tests:

SAP Certified Application Associate - Supplier Relationship Mgt. with SAP SRM 2005 (SRM 5.0)
VS.
SAP Certified Solution Consultant SRM - Procurement

It seems they're the same banana. Also, which test can you guys advise me to take first? I self-studied SAPSRM, SAP210, and SAP260...I think I get their concepts fairly well.

Regards,
Octavio
octavio

Re: SRM certification "associate level"

Postby SAPdevotee » Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:55 pm

From what I understand there are three levels in SAP SRM certification (this is the same for all the other SAP certifications too)
1) Associate Level: This is for users of SAP SRM system.
2) Professional Level: This is for users who have used SAP SRM system for atleast 5-7 years. This is the highest certification for users.
3) Solution Consultant : This is for consultants who are involved with configurations. (Code C_TSRM10_05). Please note that this is the highest certification for solution consultants.

This is my understanding and please let me know if this is wrong or correct:)
SAPdevotee

Re: SRM certification "associate level"

Postby SAPdevotee » Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:52 am

Octavia,

I stand corrected. I just inquired with one of my very senior friends in SRM. He mentioned to me that there is now restriction in getting the professional level certification. He said that it is better to get a professional level because it is the highest level. Both solution consultants and users can go for this certification.
SAPdevotee

Return to SRM Supplier Relationship Management