This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

SLOC error creating a shopping cart for Services

All postings related to SRM only

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish

SLOC error creating a shopping cart for Services

Postby usrske » Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:29 am

All,
We are testing the SRM 5.0 implementation using the classic scenario and are trying to create a purchase req from a shopping cart for services. Every shopping cart we create gives an error "ME 083 Please Enter Storage Location". We have the storage location as a required entry for creation of a purchase req and subsequently it is mandatory for the service shopping cart to somehow input it. We did try to make the SLOC optional, but the shopping carts still error with the same message. Is there a place in configuration where we can set this to auto populate or something when a service shopping cart is creating a purchase requisition? We cannot figure out how provide the required input when creating a req for a service.
Thanks,
Bones
usrske

Re: SLOC error creating a shopping cart for Services

Postby dehinson » Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:20 pm

Bones,

Look at PPOMA_BBP under Extended Attributes for Storage Locations.

Regards, Dean.
dehinson

Postby usrske » Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:58 am

Thanks Dean! I checked the extended attributes under PPOMA_BBP and the storage location 0001 is set for default. It seems that the default SLOC is set in both SRM and in R/3, yet we continue to get the error "ME 083 Please Enter Storage Location" when creating a PO for a service. There is some type of transmission or conversion problem between the shopping cart and the conversion to an order in R/3. I just can't seem to identify where the problem is.
If anyone had any further suggestions on where to check, please feel free to comment.
Thanks,
Bones
usrske

Postby dehinson » Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:02 pm

Bones,

Are you using a service master? Is this a limited item? If it is a limited items, you may need to change the item type to "FO' for a framework.

Regards, Dean.
dehinson

Postby usrske » Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:15 pm

Yeah, we are using the service master now. At first we tried to procure services locally in SRM portal, but we couldn't get it to work against the R/3 backend. We are in the classic scenario, so we're trying to do most of the heavy lifting in R/3.
So historically we never used service master in R/3, but I had configured it in our test environment last year while I was investigating the uses of services. So I went ahead and we replicated what I had in R/3 over in SRM. That seemed to work, as the services show up in the SRM list of products and services.
I can look at using the doctype FO to see if that makes a difference. I have that implemented in R/3 for the limit orders anyway.
I actually think the SLOC error message I'm receinvg is one of those misleading errors that SAP tends to throw out there. It may very well be caused by something different that SAP interprets as having some SLOC implication. I don't know, but I'm having a time trying to figure out what the issue is.
I'll try the doctype mapping and get back to you.
usrske

Return to SRM Supplier Relationship Management