This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

Splitting of Shopping cart into different purchase orders

All postings related to SRM only

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish

Splitting of Shopping cart into different purchase orders

Postby SajanPaul » Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:31 am

Hi,

We are in the process of implementing classic scenario for SRM. Approved shopping carts are converted to purchase orders and purchase requisitions in the backend ECC system. We have several business cases where the user has to create a shopping cart with multiple goods and service items with different delivery dates for the same vendor. These shopping carts after approval are usually required to be converted to a single purchase order to the vendor. However we noticed that these shopping cart items split into multiple purchase orders based on the delivery date.

The SAP program in SRM which triggers the generation of purchase orders split the shopping cart items into multiple purchase orders just because they have different delivery date (even though the items have the same Vendor, Purchasing Org, Company code, etc…)

Any idea how this split can be avoided?

Sajan
SajanPaul

Postby dehinson » Thu Jan 10, 2008 3:49 pm

Hello,

You could try implementing BADi BBP_BS_GROUP_BE.

Regards, Dean.
dehinson

Re: Splitting of Shopping cart into different purchase orders

Postby philwilliams » Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:02 am

Hi
we have a similar scenario where we have noticed that our shopping carts are NOT being split into sepetare Purchase orders and instead producing one PO for all items regardless of delivery date.
we was multi PO's based on delivery date

This causes the business users issues with invoice matching (outside of SAP)
any ideas what could have caused this?
thanks
philwilliams

Re: Splitting of Shopping cart into different purchase orders

Postby dehinson » Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:17 am

Phil,

I think splitting P/Os by lead-time will cost more in the long run (use of numbers in the raange, more transactions, paperwork, etc). I think a look at the invoice matching (outside of SAP) needs to be reiewed.

I do not know what you are using to do the matching and is beyond this forum. The GR/IR matching in SAP is pretty robust and flexible if the processes are solid. However, if you must break into addtional P/Os, then please look at the BADi I mentioned earlier.

Regards, Dean.
dehinson

Return to SRM Supplier Relationship Management