This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

SRM 'no vendor assigned' on some lines of cart

All postings related to SRM only

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish

SRM 'no vendor assigned' on some lines of cart

Postby VikkiW » Fri Jan 13, 2006 5:34 am

Hi,

I support a client who uses EBP v 4.0 (SRM 3.0.)

They have a problem I am looking at, where a user creates a cart of multiple lines, typically an annual purchase order to cover monthly charges. These lines are all for the same vendor and all using the same product, yet sometimes (and I can't work out why this happens) one or several of the lines will be created with 'no vendor assigned', which generates a Purchase Requisition in backend R/3 and obviously requires manual intervention by the Central Purchasing Team.

Yet the other lines on the cart create a PO automatically in R/3 straight after approval.

The client does not want to have 2 different SAP PO numbers, as they are supposed to be giving one PO number to their supplier to cover an entire period.

I've looked for OSS notes & through the forum, and can't find anything.

Can anyone help please?

Regards
Vikki
VikkiW

ensure each line item is sourced

Postby srmguru » Mon Jan 16, 2006 9:12 pm

There is a setting in configuration that will disallow the final ordering of a shopping cart unless it is complete. Change this setting, and you will receive an error if any line item on the shopping cart has not been sourced.

You could also add something to the check BADI to ensure that each line item has a source of supply --

Jim
Jim Stewart
http://www.sapcookbook.com
Publisher "SAP Interview Questions, Answers,
and Explanations Series"
Author, "SAP SRM Advanced EBP Cookbook"
srmguru

Re: ensure each line item is sourced

Postby VikkiW » Wed Jan 25, 2006 6:20 am

Jim,

could you tell me where the config setting is for this please?

Thanks.

srmguru wrote:There is a setting in configuration that will disallow the final ordering of a shopping cart unless it is complete. Change this setting, and you will receive an error if any line item on the shopping cart has not been sourced.

You could also add something to the check BADI to ensure that each line item has a source of supply --

Jim
VikkiW

Postby jib » Tue Feb 07, 2006 2:56 pm

Please look at the plant in each PO line.If they are different SRM will create separate PO for each plant.

Please let me know .
jib

Return to SRM Supplier Relationship Management