This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

EBP users in 2 different organisational unit

All postings related to SRM only

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish

EBP users in 2 different organisational unit

Postby SMA » Thu Jan 05, 2006 10:20 am

Hi,

We implemented EBP in our different companies.
In some cases, a same person is working for 2 different companies.
The issue is when this person must exit in the EBP organisational structure of the 2 different companies.
As far as I know an EBP user can be linked only to 1 father, can you tell me if you know a way to create this same user in the 2 different organisational structure. Actually the user id must be linked to 2 fathers.
Of course the aim is to not create 2 user id for the same guy.

THANKS
SMA

EBP user is added only once to the org plan

Postby srmguru » Tue Jan 10, 2006 10:39 am

A user can only be in the org plan once.

The real question is: Why would you want to have a user in the org plan in more than once place? We can probably fix some basic assumptions you are making about the system.

Best,

Jim
Jim Stewart
http://www.sapcookbook.com
Publisher "SAP Interview Questions, Answers,
and Explanations Series"
Author, "SAP SRM Advanced EBP Cookbook"
srmguru

Re: EBP users in 2 different organisational unit

Postby SRM user » Wed Jan 11, 2006 5:47 am

SMA wrote:Hi,

We implemented EBP in our different companies.
In some cases, a same person is working for 2 different companies.
The issue is when this person must exit in the EBP organisational structure of the 2 different companies.
As far as I know an EBP user can be linked only to 1 father, can you tell me if you know a way to create this same user in the 2 different organisational structure. Actually the user id must be linked to 2 fathers.
Of course the aim is to not create 2 user id for the same guy.

THANKS

In CommerceOne is possible to deploy as you need, but SAP EBP is not.
SRM user

.. well ..

Postby srmguru » Thu Jan 12, 2006 10:28 am

The user will be assigned to one part of the organization, but this does not mean that they can only _purchase_ for one part of the organization. I was asking about why they needed the user to be added multiple times, and my guess is that this is to drive

1. who approves the shopping cart / purchase

2. where the purchase order is sent / backend system

SRM is very flexible in this regard. But your user will always belong to one part of the org structure.

Jim
Jim Stewart
http://www.sapcookbook.com
Publisher "SAP Interview Questions, Answers,
and Explanations Series"
Author, "SAP SRM Advanced EBP Cookbook"
srmguru

Postby jib » Tue Feb 07, 2006 3:01 pm

Create two id's for this user.One reportingto the first user and second to the other org unit.So all the approvals work perfect.

This scenario is a common in organizations like one personal securetery reports to two managers or Directors.
jib

Extra attributes

Postby Balou » Tue Mar 14, 2006 8:09 am

Hi,

As said in previous posts, a user can exist only once in the organizational model.
If you want a user to be able to process shopping carts for different companies, you can give him an extra company code, extra plant and extra cost center(s) in his attributes. (trx PPOMA_BBP)
When this user logs on, the default values will be those he inherited from the unit he belongs to, but he will be able to change this in the extra attributes.
The values he enters are applicable for the complete shopping cart.

* if the user has only one company code/plant/cost center in his attributes, he will not be able to change these.
* if the user has a list of company codes/plants/cost centers in his attributes, he will be able to choose from those values in a drop down box.
* if the user has no company codes/plants/cost centers in his attributes, there will no values in SRM and the user has to fill them out manually. Problem is that the user then has to know the values that can be entered and their possible combinations.

Greetz
Balou

Return to SRM Supplier Relationship Management