SAP Backend: ERP 5.0 on Linux/MaxDB 7.6
- Inst-Guide: CS 6.30 (left hand side of the page)
- Software: Download -> Installations and Upgrades -> Installations and Upgrades â€“> Entry by Application Group -> SAP Netweaver -> SAP Content Server -> SAP Content Server 6.30 -> Installation
The Installation procedure is actually easy, if you follow the inst-guide picture by picture. there are, however, a couple of things not explained in the documentation â€“ which you will need anyway:
the service for the MaxDB is not started automatically. you can start it manually, but I would advise that you set it to â€˜automaticalâ€™ in the services-section of your windows administration. An alternative way to start the database is to use the dbmcli command line client which is delivered together with the software package â€“ use these commands to check/start the DB: db_enum, db_online. Links:
described in this documentation.
Check your installed Content Server using the Internet Explorer/Firefox with:
Settings in the ERP backendhttp://IP-of-Windows-server:Port/ContentServer/ContentServer.dll?serverInfo
Follow the instructions given in note 777229
check the TCP/IP connections for SAPHTTP/A SAPFTP/A SAPKRPROTP according to note 317250
Goto -> Services ... add your HTTP service here
default_host -> sap -> bc -> content server ... usually this is already active (as per delivery), but check anyway.
- Create your content repository. make sure to create a protocol for SAPHTTP first (in case there isn't any) -> Environment -> Logs -> Create
- Define a document area. To create your own, use transaction DMWB, see documentation
- in case you see a need for basic path and archive path, make sure you create them using transaction FILE -> this will make sure that you can transport the thing and do not have to adapt the paths per SID.
Maintain your categories.
- create your content-repository / server relation
- create a certificate and send it to the content server. the documentation says you would have to activate it on the content server (windows server certificate). this is, however, not necessary.
- adapt your settings: pay attention to two parameters in particular: Security (comes predelivered set to 1) -> until you have everything up and going i advise to set this to 0. make sure you change the driver from 'LiveCache' to 'MaxDB'
Other transactions for cache servers / distributed and/or cascading architectures are described starting with this section.
Known errors, possible solutions and enhancements
- There is an issue with SAPHTTP/SAPFTP in SAPGUI 710, patchlevel 13
- if you do not want local copies of the documents stored on your PC, here's an enhancement
- the HTTP 400 and 500 errors as well as the HTTP-ICM errors are solved with various notes. HTTP-ICM mostly appears when the settings on your firewall are wrong/incomplete. apart from that one, you can easily find out what the error is about by setting the tracelevel to 3 in transaction SMICM (temporarily only! big files!) and evaluate them in transaction ST11.