This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

Maximum number of items in FI reached

Financials (FI, CO, TR, EC)

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, darkduck, Baz

Postby RKC on Thu May 20, 2004 10:48 am

Hi
Here iam facing aproblem. If anyone know solution pls. help me out.

I am trying to post a GR(MIGO) with no. of line items 720 and when i am posting it system is giving the following message:

Message no. F5727
Diagnosis
The maximum number of items for an FI document ('999') has been exceeded.
System Response
FI documents have a 3-digit item counter that limits the number of items permitted per document.
Procedure
If the documents with an excessive number of items come from another application area (e.g. sales, logistics, order accounting), you can configure the system to the effect that these documents are summarized in FI.

As per my knowledge we can post upto 999 doc.
and pls. tell me where can we configure the system to summarize the documents.

thanks in advance

RKC

RKC

Postby sridhark on Thu May 20, 2004 10:57 am

If the material is received twice then it is construed to be 2 line items within the same document. It is standard that you can have 999 line items in a document, you dont have to configure that number anywhere.
sridhark
sridhark

i had the same problem

Postby sap exconsultant on Thu May 20, 2004 11:40 am

the answer to your problem is line summarization. First of all you shouldnt have this kind of trouble because 720 line items is lower than de fi standard maximum of 999.

Remember that In MM for example one single material movement equals one line item in FI so i had the same problem when i had to move 1500 materials all in one document from one SAP system to another.

The answer to these is configure document sumarization base on your type of FI document example BKPFF. Try sap note 117708 wich explains the procedure
sap exconsultant

Thank you

Postby RKC on Sat May 22, 2004 6:11 am

Hi Exconsultant

Thank you very much for your reply.I will try to download and apply those notes. If i face any problem i will get back to you.

Thnks again
RKC

FB50

Postby Guest on Sat May 22, 2004 7:49 am

Hi,
Plese explain me how to fix standard 999 line items in FB60 T.code.The system by defaults takes 9 or 10 line items only.

Thnaks

blow.

Return to Financials