This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

Organizational Change Logic

All postings related to SEM only

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish

Organizational Change Logic

Postby Hot Asien Teen » Tue Feb 05, 2008 3:36 am

There are two fields in the Combination of consolidation units (matrix of PC & CC) which refer to organizational change. The org change number can be entered here as well for first consolidation OC. the org change number is not relevent for the OC checkbox DIV.

THere are Sender and recivers that are entered in the org change number.

The activities partial transfer and Total transfer can then be executed with the organizational change number entered, and here is the question:

What does the system do? DOes it take only equity & investment data or does it take all data. What is the trigger? (task?) And how does it relate to the values in preperation for organizational change?

If anyone knows or knows a link, please let me know.
Electricity is actually made up of extremely tiny particles called electrons, that you cannot see with the naked eye unless you have been drinking.

Sometimes I think I understand everything, then I regain consciousness.
Hot Asien Teen

Postby dans » Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:18 am

The purpose of OC numbers is to avoid, for transfers of ownership, any P&L effect.

Because transfers are treated in the system as a divestiture by one group and an acquisition by another, divestiture gains/losses are determined. Instead of these posting to the P&L, they will be posted to the OC account which is typically a retained earnings-type account.
dans

Postby Hot Asien Teen » Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:38 am

Hello dans, thanks.
Electricity is actually made up of extremely tiny particles called electrons, that you cannot see with the naked eye unless you have been drinking.

Sometimes I think I understand everything, then I regain consciousness.
Hot Asien Teen

Return to SEM