This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

Disposals & I/U elims

All postings related to SEM only

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish

Disposals & I/U elims

Postby Hot Asien Teen » Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:07 am

Hello,

During a disposal, when we are clearing the balance sheet, the company is used to manually creating the journals to reduce the balances of the IU entries.

Since CoI activity runs after the disposal, what happens to the entries from the I/U eliminations from the disposed entries? Do these items need to be entered in the equity and MI settings?

we are running purchase method with group shares and our investment data comes from AFD and our equity data is from teh totals cube and AFD.

a clue will be tuly appreciated. :?
Electricity is actually made up of extremely tiny particles called electrons, that you cannot see with the naked eye unless you have been drinking.

Sometimes I think I understand everything, then I regain consciousness.
Hot Asien Teen

Postby dans » Tue Dec 11, 2007 1:08 pm

The issue is not clear to me, but I see no reason to include items other than equity to the Equity setting in COI configuration.

It seems to me that eliminations should "reverse" when the balances are cleared out. Therefore if eliminations are factored into the COI (UCWB > Cons functions > Cons of Investments > Settings > Location of Values > General Calculation base) the calculations should be correct.
dans

Postby Hot Asien Teen » Thu Dec 13, 2007 5:50 am

Sorry, perhaps I didnt express myself clearly enough.

The question I had was:

in the location of values where you have mentioned you can choose to include or not include elims in calculation base.

Since COI runs after the elims, and a disposal of the company has taken place from the source ledger woudl these postings need to be manually cleared?

The issue has resolved itself, as the open items will be reduced and posted against a 3rd party vendor in the source system when the divestiture takes place. In this case the posting have not been made for some reason in sourve by the time we need to cons. we will make adjustments to the RFD. So either way the balances will be cleared by teh time COI runs...

thanks,
Electricity is actually made up of extremely tiny particles called electrons, that you cannot see with the naked eye unless you have been drinking.

Sometimes I think I understand everything, then I regain consciousness.
Hot Asien Teen

Return to SEM