This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

BCS group share quantity - strange values!

All postings related to SEM only

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish

BCS group share quantity - strange values!

Postby ThomP » Wed Nov 21, 2007 6:08 am

Hi

We have a "scaling factor" problem in BCS: When we upload group shares from a BW cube, we have to enter "10000000"in the quantity field to get a group share of 100% in BCS.

I thought it might have to do with scaling factors in Excel and BW, but when I check the totals records cube, the quantity is also 10.000.000!

The unit is defaulted to "%" for the breakdown category of the investment item.

Is this standard behaviour or am I missing something?
ThomP

Postby Hot Asien Teen » Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:25 am

When you execute the task in update mode, the system posts the shares in the totals database to the selected items (which you have defined in Customizing) in the quantity field.

These values are multiplied by 100000 to achieve greater accuracy. The posted entry uses posting level 30, which means it includes group data. This uses hierarchical delta logic, which is also used in consolidation of investments. The system also employs temporal delta logic, which posts only the difference (or delta) since the task was posted in the preceding consolidation period.

The task status is managed at the consolidation group level.
Electricity is actually made up of extremely tiny particles called electrons, that you cannot see with the naked eye unless you have been drinking.

Sometimes I think I understand everything, then I regain consciousness.
Hot Asien Teen

Postby ThomP » Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:33 am

Thanks. That kind of explains it :D We are not using a task in BCS, but updating via a load from datastream (from a BW cube). So if the manual update tasks multiplies by 100.000 it has to divide by 100.000 during investment consolidation, so the values we read from our datastrem have to be multiplied as well since the load obviously doesn't know anything about this logic!
ThomP

Return to SEM