This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

BPS lock

All postings related to SEM only

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish

BPS lock

Postby hteodoro » Tue Nov 06, 2007 2:14 pm

Hi everyone.

I'm having a problem that is confusing my mind. I tried dozens of filter configurations in planing

level and in planning package, but nothing resolves a lock issue on BPS. It seems like no matter what restrictions I put on it, the entire cube data is always locked.

To try find out what could be happening, I created a simple cube, only with characteristics 0customer, 0mat_type, 0mat_group, 0calmonth and one key figure.
Then I created two planning levels, one filtering 0mat_type by value 'CA', and the other one filtering 0mat_type by value 'CS'.
After that I created one manual planing layout under each planning level. The layouts have all characteristics in lead columns.

If a user execute the layout under the first level, a second user receive the message "Data requested in planning area PL_AREA is locked by user XXX" when accessing the other layout under the other level.

Since the levels have different filters, it's not expected that one not affect the other?

Can anyone explain what may be happening or have any advise to solve this question?

We're in BW 3.5, SP 19.

Many thanks,

Henrique Teodoro
hteodoro

Postby FCI » Wed Nov 07, 2007 3:59 am

This is not normal ;-)

Try to analyse the generated locks in each case with the UPC_ENQUEUE_READ program.

Regards,
FCI
FCI

Postby hteodoro » Wed Nov 07, 2007 9:43 am

Hi.

After some help I found out the problem.

Only to complete my initial post, I already tried to execute the report UPC_ENQUEUE_READ, but I always receive as result: __EMPTY_SELECTION__

This detail was the main clue to got the answer. Recently, another team implemeted a note to control which characteristics are relevant to the lock system. If none characteristic is entered on a table, all the cube is locked. After including relevant records into the control table, everything works fine.

Regards,

Henrique
hteodoro

Return to SEM