This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

Simple question datastreams BCS

All postings related to SEM only

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish

Simple question datastreams BCS

Postby Hot Asien Teen » Thu Sep 06, 2007 7:06 am

Hello,

This might be a completely naf question, because I cant seem to find anything about it in help or Notes, or here. So maybe its just I dont understand somethign fundimental.

I want to upload 0cs_item with a flexible upload in BCS 4.0. I create the upload method, however, when I go to assign it to a method, (so as to assign it to a task), I get a datastream inconsitancy error. The funny thing is I can only see two data streams documents, and totals (we've deactivated the otehr cons. functionality). so I cant seem to find how to indicate that this is a master data stream.

Ive found CL_UC_METHOD_UPL_ITEM which seems to indicate that somehow the datastream gets generated, but it didnt with the creation of the databsis.

can anyone push me in the right direction? My eyes are bleary from reading web pages...
Electricity is actually made up of extremely tiny particles called electrons, that you cannot see with the naked eye unless you have been drinking.

Sometimes I think I understand everything, then I regain consciousness.
Hot Asien Teen

Postby Hot Asien Teen » Thu Sep 06, 2007 9:12 am

Note 760280 - Data collection method customizing: flexible upload

"The correct way to upload master data and/or hierarchy is to execute the flexible upload method directly from the consolidation workbench by right clicking on the method and selecting the context menu item Execute."

NAF NAF NAF BRRRppthsss......
Electricity is actually made up of extremely tiny particles called electrons, that you cannot see with the naked eye unless you have been drinking.

Sometimes I think I understand everything, then I regain consciousness.
Hot Asien Teen

Return to SEM