This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

Does BW need to be upgraded with SEM to 2004s?

All postings related to SEM only

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish

Does BW need to be upgraded with SEM to 2004s?

Postby MFrank » Tue May 01, 2007 12:56 pm

We're looking to upgrade our BW system from 3.5 to 2004s. We also have SEM 4.0 installed on the same instance as the BW system. During our 3.5 upgrade, everything I've read says that in order to upgrade SEM, the BW system will need to be upgraded as well (since they're installed together), however vendors have convinced my management that SEM can be upgraded seperately. I presume we still have to upgrade them together, but I haven't found anything definitive.

Does the BW system need to be upgraded from 3.5 to 2004s if we plan on upgrading SEM from 4.0 to 2004s?

Thanks
Michael Frank
BW - Version 7.0
R/3 - Version 4.71 - mySAP + IS-U + Public Sector
DB - Oracle 10g
MFrank

Upgrade

Postby chriszz » Tue May 01, 2007 6:36 pm

Yes. You need to upgrade BI to 7 in order for you to upgrade SEM BCS 4 to 6. I am presently working on BCS 6 which is sitting on BI 7.

Regards

We're looking to upgrade our BW system from 3.5 to 2004s. We also have SEM 4.0 installed on the same instance as the BW system. During our 3.5 upgrade, everything I've read says that in order to upgrade SEM, the BW system will need to be upgraded as well (since they're installed together), however vendors have convinced my management that SEM can be upgraded seperately. I presume we still have to upgrade them together, but I haven't found anything definitive.

Does the BW system need to be upgraded from 3.5 to 2004s if we plan on upgrading SEM from 4.0 to 2004s?

Thanks
chriszz

Return to SEM