This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

PC Matrix form Vs subassignment

All postings related to SEM only

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish

PC Matrix form Vs subassignment

Postby chriszz » Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:41 am

Hi
I am weighing the pros and cons of having profit center as the consolidation unit vs sub assignment in my on going implementation. By having the profit center in matrix form the main benefit is it acts as a automatic validation for the combination of company and pc. Apart from this I dont see any tangible benefit. Any further input is appreciated.
:roll:
chriszz

Profit center

Postby chriszz » Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:42 am

Dans what is your views on this with your experience?
chriszz

Postby dans » Thu Feb 15, 2007 10:57 am

Unless you need to eliminate and report consolidated results for the profit center groups, I suggest you leave it as a subassignment.

If it is required to elimination and report consolidated results for the profit center groups, then you must ensure that the source ledgers provide partner profit center on transactions to be eliminated to have accurate consolidated result.This is the matrix consolidation.
dans

Matrix form

Postby chriszz » Thu Feb 15, 2007 1:00 pm

Dans: Thanks for the valuable reply.
chriszz

Profit Center Hierarchy

Postby izzati.rahim » Sun Sep 09, 2007 9:47 pm

Hi all,

I'm currently implementing mgt consolidation. It is combination of company and profit center in hierarchy. I'm still exploring best method. My question is how do I make Profit center hierarchy appear in UCMON? I've already setup profit center and company characteristic and assign to role cons unit. I have 2 hierarchy now in my config but when I run UCMON company hierarchy only appeared.

Appreciate any help.
izzati.rahim

PC Matrix

Postby chriszz » Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:28 am

Hi
Place the cursor on the company. right click and choose swap PC hierarchy.
chriszz

Postby izzati.rahim » Mon Sep 10, 2007 8:13 pm

Hi chriszz,

Thanks a lot. Its working now. I'm still looking what is the best method for my implementation. Can you advise on which method I should use as currently my hierarchy is a combination of profit center and company. Meaning that there are subgroups consists of profit centers and another subgroups consists of companies and other subgroups consists of companies and profit center. Elimination happens between company and profit center. Can BCS cater that kind hierarchy? I've tested combine cons unit but profit center is subassignment to company which is not what I want. I'm thinking of using profit center consolidation which means I break up all the companies to their profit center individually. But I don't what is the impact.

Appreciate your kind advise. :)
izzati.rahim

Matrix form

Postby chriszz » Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:49 pm

Hi
It all depeds how u want to do ur consolidation. Either u can bring ur PC by way of matrix form or u can define them as subassignment. When u define as matrix form u need to populate the partner profit center also in addition to the trading parter in all your eliminations. So check with your source system whether for all eliminations u r getting the PPC in addition to tp else ur elimination will go for a toss. Another benefit of matrix form is it also acts as a validation for consolidation and pc. Any combination which is not in sync with the matrix form, the system will throw an error. If u come across anyother benefit pl let me know. If u are not getting the ppc from the source system the best way is to go for the profit center by way of subassignment.
regards
chriszz

Postby izzati.rahim » Tue Sep 11, 2007 9:56 pm

Hi,

If I do profit center by way of assignment, that's mean I cannot get elimination between profit centers right and as a result cannot get reports by profit center groups? If I want reports by profit center groups and also reports by subgroups of companies then I have to go for matrix consolidation which I will have two hierarchy company and profit center? So, matrix is the only way that I will get elimination between profit centers and company codes? But the cons is PPC have to be populated in the source system apart from TP right?

Thanks in advance. :)
izzati.rahim

Matrix form

Postby chriszz » Wed Sep 12, 2007 9:04 am

Yes. You got it right. If you also want elimination to take place between PC you have to go through matrix form for which PPC needs to be populated for the source data involved in elimnation entries.
chriszz

Postby izzati.rahim » Wed Sep 12, 2007 8:16 pm

Thanks Chriszz,

Just to double check on my understanding. Below is my Mgt Consol hierarchy:

Hierarchy:

Company A
Company B
Subgroup 1
Profit Center C
Profit Center D
Company E
Subgroup 2
Company F
Profit Center G

Should I use matrix form or convert to profit center hierarchy only? We don't need legal consol here as it was configured in different cons area.

Thanks a lot!!!
izzati.rahim

Matrix

Postby chriszz » Thu Sep 13, 2007 7:05 am

If you are doing legal consolidation in another CA, then u can have use PC hierarchy only for ur management consolidation. Since for legal consolidation we dont really need company code and extending the same logic here for mgt consolidation technically we dont really require company codes since the object for management consolidation is PC. But counter check with requirement document whether any allocation or reclassification involves the object Company code. If company code is not an object for any of these functions then u can have PC as hierearchy.
chriszz

Return to SEM