This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

BPS Allocations: "Distribution characteristic is requir

All postings related to SEM only

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish

BPS Allocations: "Distribution characteristic is requir

Postby Guille » Thu Mar 13, 2003 11:16 am

Hi there.
I am working with an allocation parameter group, and when I try to save I get the message "Distribution characteristic is required".
Does anybody know the reason for this message? Of course, in the "Distribution Key" tab I have entered a selection range and used some characteristics.

Besides, does anybody know where to find documentation on allocations other than in help.sap.com? The information given there is not very helpful when you encounter errors like this :(
Guille

Allocation

Postby atw » Fri Mar 14, 2003 4:59 pm

Hi,
I used to see this message when I was initially working with Allocation functions. I believe you get this message when there is no receiver or it is the same as the sender.
check whether that is the case
atw
atw

Postby Guille » Mon Mar 17, 2003 3:58 am

Not my case, receiver exists and is different from sender.

Another thing I don't understand is how the allocations depend on the selection in the levels.
We are using user exit variables in the level where we have the allocations and whenever I try to edit them, the system evaluates the variables.
The characteristics I can use in the definition of sender, reciever, trigger and key also seem to depend on whether there is a selection on the level or not (some of them are not available for restriction in the parameter group, and the only reason I could find is that there seems to be a selection for them in the level already).
Does anybody have some information on this as well?
Guille

Return to SEM