This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

Master data ver 6.00

All postings related to SEM only

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish

Master data ver 6.00

Postby chriszz » Sun Jan 07, 2007 9:24 pm

Direct load of master data from info object: Now it is possible to load directly from ECC -> BIW-> SEM BCS certain master data like Profit center, consolidation unit etc through info objects. But I am not very sure whether it supports FS items. As per my understanding FS items have sub assiginements which are unique to BCS environment which needs to be maintained only in BCS. I would appreciate further contributions on this topic. :roll:
chriszz

Postby Hot Asien Teen » Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:03 pm

For this reason (among others like the AFDs) we are considering using MDM. Esspecially since our opp. chart is a balooning mess. Any discussion of other possibilities would be useful.
Electricity is actually made up of extremely tiny particles called electrons, that you cannot see with the naked eye unless you have been drinking.

Sometimes I think I understand everything, then I regain consciousness.
Hot Asien Teen

Hi

Postby itisme » Thu Mar 08, 2007 11:02 am

Master data for FS item is loaded thru flex upload, when in the sub assignments are mentioned.

This way it will take care of BCS specific requirement of FS item master data.

You can use the options overwrite in loading options, so that changes/additions are uploaded.

Regards,

Ravi
itisme

master data

Postby chriszz » Tue Mar 20, 2007 7:20 pm

Pl refere the following link. As per SAP documentation it is possible to load the data from infoobject to SEM BCS. But one question how about the BCS specfic properties are getting assigned? Need to investigate.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_sem60ep1/he ... ameset.htm
chriszz

Postby dans » Thu Mar 22, 2007 6:45 am

It is my understanding that the BCS required properties such as item type and breakdown category may be assigned via the mapping in the method.
dans

Master data

Postby chriszz » Thu Mar 22, 2007 11:25 am

That was also my understanding. I am currently in the process of ver 6 00 implemenation and once I reach this I will share my experience. There are some enhanced functionalities available in ver 6 00.
chriszz

Return to SEM