This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

BPS: Get variable data in user exit

All postings related to SEM only

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish

BPS: Get variable data in user exit

Postby Senior » Wed Mar 12, 2003 9:04 am

Hi all.

I'm new to SEM/BW and am in the development team of a BPS application. I have to write a user exit function for setting the possible selection values for a variable in a planning area. Oh, let me explain this way:

I run transaction BPS0, open a planning area in Change mode, go to Variables page, select a variable, and choose 'Replacement Type' as 'User Exit'.

In the function module I created, I need to get the current value of another variable or characteristic, so I can restrict the returning values on that. How can I do that? Is there a function, or a class method, or anything else?

Thanks in advance..
Senior

Postby Guille » Wed Mar 12, 2003 9:10 am

Try function module API_SEMBPS_VARIABLE_GETDETAIL
Guille

Postby Senior » Wed Mar 12, 2003 2:30 pm

Hi again.

Thanks for your answer, it works fine when I run the planning application inside SAP. But when I use the web interface generated by Web Interface Builder, the dropdown box for the variable shows results from only the first execution of the function. When I change other variables and refresh the page, still the same selection values appear. I debugged the function and saw that the function works perfectly, but the output is not taken into consideration.

Any ideas?
Senior

Postby Senior » Wed Mar 19, 2003 2:32 am

Well, answer to my own question: No.

SAP says the Web interface never updates the selection values while running. They only display the values they got at first place.

The only way I've found is to control the selection boxes via JavaScript at client side. And that's not dynamic too, but is a solution.
Senior

Postby bw_er » Wed Sep 05, 2007 4:46 am

hello,

I too am trying to do the same thing... I have a variable with a big list of WBS's which i would like restricted to a company code varibale that the user selects.

please could you send me a step by step?

i am a seasoned bw guy (func) but bps is fairly new to me... especially this more complex stuff with abap.

regards
bw_er

Return to SEM