This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

Deletion/ Copy Function in BCS

All postings related to SEM only

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish

Deletion/ Copy Function in BCS

Postby itisme » Mon Dec 04, 2006 12:15 pm

Hi Guru

1. If I am deleting total records thru Delete functions in BCS , can the same job automatically delete all document type posting up to level 10 from document ODS also?

2. I want to copy data from one version to another version… After copying I want to change the signs..Example I will copy the data from Actual to another version.. While copying I want to change the debit signs to credit and vice versa…

Does some one has idea how to do it?

Regards,

Ravi
itisme

Postby dans » Tue Dec 05, 2006 7:39 am

There is a separate program to delete documents from the document ODS. Deleting Totals records does just that - deletes totals records.

One suggestion for changing the sign is via reclassification. I have used this before.

Another obtion you may try is the copy task/method where a conversion routine may be applies with the mapping rules.
dans

Copy in BCS

Postby itisme » Tue Dec 05, 2006 3:46 pm

Hi Dans,

Thanks a ton for the comments.

The first issue is resolved. Created a deletion task where in combined the Total Cube and Document ODS deletion.

Please clarify more on copying with reverse sign. Can we reclassify the data with reverse sign in to another version? Or With your 2nd choice where do we attach the program in the mapping rule in copying?

Regards,

Ravi.
itisme

Postby dans » Wed Dec 06, 2006 9:12 am

The reclassification would proceed copying the data as it is in the source version, and subsequently reverse the signs.

I'm not certain about the mapping but could it not be possible to use the BAdI Filter of the copy method Settings tab for this?
dans

Return to SEM