This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

SEM-BCS: Currency Translation issue

All postings related to SEM only

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish

SEM-BCS: Currency Translation issue

Postby atw » Tue Nov 07, 2006 4:42 pm

Hi,
Our client does not recognise any currency translation on the P&L items. So our "specific translation rate" and "reference rate" are the same for all P&L items.

when we did the translation for period 1 everything is ok as no translation difference is recorded.

However for period 2 system records a translation difference as the reference translation rate internally has a currency translation key as Cumulative instead of Periodic.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
with regards
Anil
boonchai
atw

Postby dans » Wed Nov 08, 2006 8:48 am

You should not have this problem if the specific currency translation key is set to periodic, and both the reference tranlsation and specific exchange rate determination are the same rate type.
dans

Postby atw » Wed Nov 08, 2006 6:04 pm

Hi Dans,
Afraid I already have that setting. My Specific translation type is Periodic for all Income statment Items and I am using the same exchange rate type for both reference and specific translation.

The only thing is that I have only one procedure which combines the P&L items and B/S items. I am wondering whether I should separate them out. Maybe that'll not cause the reference rate to be taken as Cumulative.

thx
atw
boonchai
atw

Postby dans » Thu Nov 09, 2006 8:17 am

I always keep the balance sheet and Income statement items separate for translation. The balance sheet is usually translated on a cumulative basis at the month-end rate. The Income Statement items are usually translated on a periodic basis at the month average rate.
dans

Return to SEM