This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

BCS investment movement type question

All postings related to SEM only

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish

BCS investment movement type question

Postby sapfistone » Sun Oct 15, 2006 10:19 pm

As we know , in EC-CS, we use consolidation transaction type for CI(Consolidation of Investment) , so it's easy for us to know first consolidation ,increase(reduction) in capitalization,step cquisition,partial|total transfer|diverstiture etc .

However, In BCS , Should we still use the R/3 Tcode:OC08 to define the cons. trans. type and then transfer it to BCS , Currently, our BCS team simplily manual adjust investment data with posting level 01 ,BCS gurus , Any good idea ? Thanks in advance .
I O SAP .
sapfistone

Postby dans » Mon Oct 16, 2006 10:19 am

The typical situation is to map R/3 cons trans type to BCS movement type or simply used the cons trans type in the BCS data model and map to it.
dans

Postby sapfistone » Wed Oct 18, 2006 1:29 am

dans wrote:The typical situation is to map R/3 cons trans type to BCS movement type or simply used the cons trans type in the BCS data model and map to it.

thanks for your respone, if I map R/3 cons. trans. type( defined by OC08) to BCS movement type , it's understood easily, for example ,for investment mvtype, we can define A01 as first cons. A02 as step cons. A03 as partial transfer, A04 as total transfer etc. and I can also define the cons. trans. type as the required field for long-term investment account, This is a typical situation similar to EC-CS .

for the 2th solution , "simply use the cons trans type in the BCS data model and map to it" , How to simply map since there are several investment activities ? by manual ? for location of Values of COI settings,we use "read Investment Data From total databases" ,eg. the investment are stored in "total records" data basis infocube (not additional financial data) , since currently we donn't define cons. trans. type in R/3, so we use manual doc. to input investment cons. trans. type , do I have to manual perform COI ?
I O SAP .
sapfistone

Return to SEM