This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

BCS % Allocation or Reclassification with Master Data

All postings related to SEM only

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish

BCS % Allocation or Reclassification with Master Data

Postby dans » Tue Sep 26, 2006 2:13 pm

Is anyone aware of a way to have a BCS allocation or reclassification using a percentage where the percentage is stored in a statistical item? If so, the percentages may be updated by updating the values in the item as opposed to the method configuration.

In other words, for example, a reclassification is to multiply the balance of Inventory by a percentage. Currently the only means I am aware of to accomplish this is to enter the percentage within the method. It would be preferred however to use the percentage from the balance of a statistical item.

Any suggestions regarding this are greatly appreciated.
dans

Postby TheScotsman » Mon Oct 09, 2006 10:12 am

Dans,
You can allocate based on the ratio of values on certain accounts, eg CoS allocated to Cons Units based on the ratio of values against sales accounts.

So - if I get your idea correctly - you could allocate values (ie percentages) based on the ratio of values against your stat accounts.

Does this help any? I can supply more details if required.
TheScotsman

Postby dans » Tue Oct 10, 2006 6:52 am

I realize now that the approach is to first choose the % reclass method layout, then for the Type of % Rate Data select Transactional with Key Figure Quantity. Then the quantity may be include the % to be used for the calculation. This will be helpful for Minority Interest where COI is not implemented.
dans

Return to SEM