This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

BCS Mutiple Group Currency Reporting

All postings related to SEM only

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish

BCS Mutiple Group Currency Reporting

Postby CF_L » Wed Sep 20, 2006 4:37 am

Hi,

For SEM-BCS, I have a scenario where I have mutiple consolidation groups in different group reporting currencies. Previously in EC-CS, we use different ledgers and at the same time also create different versions to achieve the mutiple reporting currencies.

In SEM-BCS, do we still need to create mutiple versions to achieve mutiple group reporting currencies? As SEM-BCS have fixed parameters of group currency key, can we achieve mutiple group reporting currencies by using ONE version only and control the required group currency translation by using the group currency key in the parameters?

Anybody who adopted ONE version for mutiple group currencies reporting and things to look for? Appreciate advice if any.

Thanks in advance
CF_L

Postby dans » Wed Sep 20, 2006 6:44 am

In BW-based BCS there is no need for a different version for each group currency, although this is an option. The key with multiple group currencies is to execute every task, including data collection, separately for each group currency set in the parameters. This provides the complete consolidation for each group currency and may then be reported in each.

Good luck,
dans

Postby CF_L » Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:23 am

Hi Dans,

Thanks for your reply. As my SEM-BCS sandbox is not up yet, I would like to further seek advice from you.

For example, the topmost CG1 is USD reporting with the ultimate holding co is a USD reporting cons unit whereas the subgroup is SGD group reporting with two cons units, which the SGD is the holding co and the AUD is the subsidiary of it.

When I perform SGD cons group, I specify the parameter group currency SGD with version 100 (for example). Do I need to specify the SGD cons group in the parameters? When I perform the consol for cons group USD, do I need also to specify the USD cons group in the parameters too?

For currency translation, if I use different exchange rates for the same currency translation method for different cons group, will the design of ONE version for mutiple group currencies still works? If one version is required, how the system knows of the different exchange rates to be used for different cons group for the same currency translation method? How is this set

Thanks in advance.

Cheers
CF_L

Postby dans » Tue Sep 26, 2006 6:13 am

You do not necessarily need to include SGD in the parameters for executing the consolidations for group currency AUD. However if you do not do so, the CG1 group will be consolidated for group currency AUD along with the SGD group. If you do not need CG1 with group currency AUD, my advice is to include SGD in the parameters when consolidating for group currency AUD.

When performing group currency USD consolidation you do not need to specify the cons groups CG1 in the parameters. Because this is the top node, the consolidation will occur for this group if it is include in the parameters or if the cons group parameter is left blank.

One translation method should suffice. If the methods are to be different, the different methods may be assigned at the cons unit level in the task. The system knows the translation by the fact that it is executed and stored separately for each group currency.

Another way of viewing different groups currencies is the way R/3-based consolidations use dimiensions.
dans

Postby TheScotsman » Mon Oct 09, 2006 10:15 am

I also used multiple group currencies per version (Actuals, Budget...) at my last client - this worked fine.
TheScotsman

Postby CF_L » Wed Oct 11, 2006 4:41 am

Hi all,

Thanks dans and scotsman for your advice and comment. I would like to further check with you on the currency.

In my BCS design, we have two reporting unit i.e. company and joint venture which is assigned to the role of consolidation unit. Two separate consolidation areas are set up respectively for the two consolidation unit. Both shared the same data basis.

In the tab of the data model in the data basis, we need to specify the currency bearing cons unit. Which charater should should I specify i.e. the company or joint venture? What is the use of this assignment of currency bearing cons unit? Do I need to use to data basis since I not adopting the matrix consoldiation unit combination in one consolidation area?

Thanks in dvance for any advice.

Cheers
CF_L

Return to SEM