This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

R/E calculation

All postings related to SEM only

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish

R/E calculation

Postby wanvarang » Tue Sep 19, 2006 6:12 am

Dear all,

Is anyone know how to set configuration in order to calculate R/E in BCS.

Please advice.

Karn
wanvarang

Hi

Postby itisme » Tue Sep 19, 2006 12:19 pm

One method of calculating the retained earning by thru reclassification of R/E functions. But for the purpose of COI there is some more functions to be executed.

Regards,

Ravi
Raviiyer100@hotmail.com
Last edited by itisme on Thu Sep 28, 2006 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
itisme

R/E calculation

Postby chriszz » Mon Sep 25, 2006 5:14 pm

Hi
The Q is RE calculation. Why confuse with BCF and CoI related things which are unwarranted here.
:lol:
chriszz

Hi

Postby itisme » Mon Sep 25, 2006 6:19 pm

Hi Chris,

I have suggested that R/E can be calculated thru reclassification of R/E. Atleast I have suggested one.

Have u suggested any solution to this issue besides criticising me?

Regards,

Ravi.
itisme

Postby dans » Tue Sep 26, 2006 6:01 am

The reclassification should be one-sided and for posting level 00 only (layout 07550).

The first step is to select all Balance Sheet and Income Statement items, excluding the Income clearing and balance sheet clearing (current year RE). Any difference represents an out of balance source ledger and should go to an item for this.

Step two should be all of the Balance Sheet items including the balance sheet clearing item (current year RE) with the difference going to the balance sheet clearing item (current year RE).

Step three should be all of the Income statement items, including the income clearing item with the difference going to the income clearing item.

Step one may be excluded if the source ledgers always balance or should. The validations should identify out of balance situations. But if this step is included it must always be first.

Steps two and three may be switched as long as they proceed step one.

Good luck,

Also
dans

R/E calculation

Postby chriszz » Tue Sep 26, 2006 7:43 am

Hi
Dont get offended. Pl give the answer relevant to the Q . Take the case of Dans, he has said it nicely. He never refererd CoI or BCF here which are irrelvant. If we talk more we are getting exposed unneceesarily which also shows our ignorance.
:cry:
chriszz

Postby dumpee » Thu Sep 28, 2006 8:18 am

the same person is offering remote BCS consultancy :twisted: , without knowing the alphabets of BCS..
dumpee

Hi

Postby itisme » Thu Sep 28, 2006 8:35 am

Hi

I have mentioned in my first quote that Reclassification is the solution. Which is elaborated by Dans.

But Chris and Dumpee did not contribute even single solution on this issue, besides sitting on me , which shows their level of knowledge.
itisme

Postby dumpee » Thu Sep 28, 2006 10:06 am

People like me don't write for the sake of writing...

If we know the answer and if we choose to write, we try to answer the way in which 'DANS' has done above.

We don't provide irrelevant answers. We don't ask people to send screenshots. We don't gas around without knowing the subject. In brief, we choose not to act smart. :evil:
dumpee

RE classification....

Postby chriszz » Thu Sep 28, 2006 10:58 am

Hi
Dumpee is right. I think look at his many of his answers given in this forum. I am not claiming that I am an expert. But this guy is fooling around and tryint to create an image as though he knew everything and giving totally irrelvant answers which are misleading many times. This is not the forum to solicit business like " REMOTE CONSULTANCY AVAILABLE" and giving the mailing address. I dont understand how SAPFANS.COM tolerate.
:arrow:
chriszz

Hello

Postby Amith » Thu Sep 28, 2006 11:56 am

Ravi is answering to many question and many of them are accurate and not answered by others. I have benefitted by many replies from him. He has actively replied many BCS questions.

To the the current question, he is the first one to answer that Reclassification is the solution. It is suqsequent to that Dan supported that answer.

Incase you have done COI, you can know that NI setting and calculated are relevant there too. Ravi is talking something relevent, which you are not able to visualise.

Chris you have less than 10 postings and that also questions. I have reviewed many postings by Dumpee. He has criticized many people in postings with out proper support by answers.

You should encourage people to reply and not criticize, beyond a limit. As such there are few people are replying to BCS questions and in many occasion it takes weeks to get replies.

For many of my questions with screenshots Ravi has replied. So we should never get personel in attacking.
Last edited by Amith on Thu Sep 28, 2006 10:49 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Amith

RE calcuation

Postby chriszz » Thu Sep 28, 2006 12:13 pm

Hi
This is not the question of criticizing. I woud appreciate if he had stopped with reclassication rather than telling like CoI and BCF. Tell me how come NI calculation is relevant to CoI and BCF. Dans contribution to this forum is substantial. But at the same time just posting 100 answers does not mean that this guy knows everything. It is a cheap publicity and soliciting people like REMOTE CONSULTANCY AVAILABLE. This forum is for excahge of views and for soliciting business.
:oops:
chriszz

Return to SEM