This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

BSC For Oil & Gas

All postings related to SEM only

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish

BSC For Oil & Gas

Postby CF_L » Wed Sep 13, 2006 4:17 am

Hi all,

I would like to seek comment from SEM-BCS implementors. Has any one who successfully implemented profit center consolidation or joint venture consolidation for oil and gas industry? This is because I have yet to hear any successful profit center consolidation implementation in using EC-CS. Any problem and limitation that I need to be aware of in using profit center consoldiation or joint venture consolidation in SEM-BCS? Appreciate some sharing on this.

Thanks

Regards,
CF_L
CF_L

Postby TheScotsman » Mon Oct 09, 2006 10:21 am

I have successfully implemented BCS and EC-CS based on Profit Centre at major Oil & Gas clients.
I cannot think of any specific problems that we had related to Profit Centres - what problems have you encounered (or heard about?)
TheScotsman

Postby CF_L » Wed Oct 11, 2006 4:33 am

Hi Scotsman,

For our design, we are plaanning to have company and joint venture entity represented by consoldiation unit in SEM-BCS. Two separate consoldiation area will be created with the use of one version only. The two consoldiation areas will reside in the same data basis. Do I need to specify fixed parameters to separate the two consoldiation areas? If so, what is the appropriate fixed parameters then?

Furthermore, in joint venture accounting, there is no trading partner joint venture and this give rise to the issue of capturing trading partner joint venture inforamtion. Furthermore, the transaction type is not populating in the joint venture table and we plan to use the joint venture table as our source data basis.

Appreciate your sharing on this.

cheers
CF_L

Return to SEM