This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

SEM BPS limits

All postings related to SEM only

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish

SEM BPS limits

Postby meir » Tue Dec 31, 2002 10:38 am

Dear SAPers

Can Anyone refer to any know limitation in data sizes in BPS apps.?
I'll be obliged to get info about it fron experienced users.
meir

Postby atw » Sun Jan 05, 2003 2:08 am

Hi,
Exactly what are you looking for -
- load times ?
- performance issues ?
- concurrent users ?
etc.

with regards
atw
atw

BPS limits

Postby meir » Wed Jan 08, 2003 10:53 am

Hi ATW

Thanx for your time.
I actualy need to know weather I might encounter any difficulty in manipulating a very large transactional cube, for instance a cube with 400K records?

Best regards

Meir
meir

Postby atw » Fri Jan 17, 2003 12:28 pm

Hi Meir,
I do not think you'll face any issue. One general comment- try to limit your BPS cube to only the characteristics essential for Planning. That way you'll be processing summarized data.
atw
atw

Too Many Chars

Postby tedddd2 » Wed Jan 29, 2003 4:06 pm

And don't have over 10-15 chars or your application will hang forever.
tedddd2

perf issues

Postby jlr » Tue Feb 18, 2003 2:43 am

Hello ,
Just a comment about perf in fox formulas . I'm a BW-SEM consultant working currently in a major company implementing BPS. I'm really worried now because we have a very powerfull prod machine and I can not run anymore my formulas even in background due to lack of memory . SAP has connected and it seems parameters are correct ... They are sending me back oss notes to optimize formula , perform a commit between each formulas of a global sequence . I'm worried because I'm not in a logistic area , BUT in a pure financial ( so the predilaction of sem). SO your question about 400 K recs , it is not the real problem, the problem is the number of rec that is required when performing your functions . If you need the 400 you definitely will have trouble, if you use only 10 % each time you won't get trouble. as example in my cube I have 1000K recs and I have trouble when I read 200 sometimes even with 50 .
jlr

thanks to all of you

Postby meir » Tue Feb 18, 2003 7:12 am

Thank you to all SAPers who came back to me.
Meir :roll: :roll: :D
meir

Re: perf issues

Postby Bob » Tue Feb 18, 2003 11:15 am

jlr wrote:Hello ,
Just a comment about perf in fox formulas . I'm a BW-SEM consultant working currently in a major company implementing BPS. I'm really worried now because we have a very powerfull prod machine and I can not run anymore my formulas even in background due to lack of memory . SAP has connected and it seems parameters are correct ... They are sending me back oss notes to optimize formula , perform a commit between each formulas of a global sequence . I'm worried because I'm not in a logistic area , BUT in a pure financial ( so the predilaction of sem). SO your question about 400 K recs , it is not the real problem, the problem is the number of rec that is required when performing your functions . If you need the 400 you definitely will have trouble, if you use only 10 % each time you won't get trouble. as example in my cube I have 1000K recs and I have trouble when I read 200 sometimes even with 50 .
:twisted: :twisted:
Bob

Return to SEM