This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

Dealing with cube re-org's

All postings related to SEM only

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish

Dealing with cube re-org's

Postby Anil » Fri Dec 27, 2002 1:52 am

Hi,
I am currently in the design phase of a BPS implementation.

One issue I am facing right now is how to do cube reorganisations without losing data. eg. let's say the users have done some planning. This is in the form of new requests. Is there any way that once I take these requests out of the cube I can put them back in.

I tried doing that but since it is a transactional cube and there are no Update rules I am not able to use the "reconstruct" which I can use with a regular basic cube.

thanks
Anil
Anil

Postby damodar » Tue Jan 07, 2003 6:05 pm

Hey Anil

The data in to the Transactional is written from the SEM layouts. Once you delete this data out of the Transactional cubes, you won't be able to load it back using the reconstruct, since this data won't be available in any PSA.

They only way around is to download the data in to a flat file. Then do your reconstruction to your cube and load it back to the cube from this flat file. For this you need to build the entire chain to the cube to load data from flat file.

This is the only I can think of.

Let me know if you need any thing else.

Damodar
damodar

Another way

Postby atw » Sat Jan 18, 2003 2:31 am

Hi Damodar,
Thanks for your reply. Though I think SAP should provide some way of doing it.

Another way of achieving this is to create a data mart and regularly store the data of the transactional cube into this cube
atw

Return to SEM