Digital Signatures and COA's

Logistics QM

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, Ha Tran

barrir

Digital Signatures and COA's

Post by barrir » Wed Nov 27, 2002 2:52 pm

Hi,

I'm trying to understand the process of creating a COA for an outbound delivery. The business requirement is for a digital signature to be created and printed on the COA. I'm not really sure of the whole digital signature process, anyone got any hight level thoughts to share?

Thanks,

R
Russell Barrie

Craig

Post by Craig » Wed Nov 27, 2002 6:09 pm

Are you talking about a "live" digital signature or just a bitmap image of a signature?

For a bitmap signature you simply save the bitmap into a standard text object and have the SAPscript form enter the appropriate signature based on some logic. Usually the lab manager's signature for a plant.

If you referring to an actual digital signature from interfaced hardware, you'll have to wait for someone else to respond. I haven't done anywork in that department but I would think it would be possible once you figured out all the hows, whens and wheres.

Craig

QM-Dude

Post by QM-Dude » Thu Nov 28, 2002 5:45 am

Hi,

like Craig said: Any bit-map (logo, signature etc.) can be converted by a SAP report to a standard text element to be included in SAPscript.

There is no functionality known to me regarding a digital signature for outbound CoA.

Best regards
QM-Dude

Craig

Post by Craig » Fri Nov 29, 2002 1:55 pm

I think you can incorporate digital signatures with UD. When I meant that digatal signatures could be used that was what I was thinking of. The COA SAPscript would have to look up the digital signature of the person that did the UD on the lot. Of course that can be a problem if you use Auto UD's.

The only way I suspect you could specifically show that the COA was reviewed and signed would be to somehow tie it to the Delivery document. Set the outputs to a timing of "3" - explict request". The person reviewing the COA would do it via the delivery. When they are satisfied, they change the timing from a 3 to a 4 and save the delivery. You'd have to find a user exit here and some how tie your digital signature equipment in at this step. Capture the signature, and save it so that it now available for the COA SAPscript form.

Again, this is all just a suggestion. I think it might be possible but I've never done it and I don't know the limits and how the digital signature hardware/software behaves with SAP.

Craig