This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

Results Recording - Further Inspection ??

Logistics QM

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, Ha Tran

Postby Karen » Tue Nov 12, 2002 5:03 am

Hi,
I've configured for inspecting a material and in the sample management I arranged for pooled samples etc. In the inspection plan I've just one operation and only one inspection characterictic to be inspected. Now, after the GR an inspection lot is created and two pooled physical samples are created, so far so good. When I go to record results for this inspection lot and drill down at the lot number, I've two sample tabs(with their distinct numbers) and also another tab with the heading 'further inspection' under which the inspection characteristic that is to be recorded is listed...I'm able to record the results for the two samples but unable to figure out the purpose of this additional tab with the heading 'further inspection'????? Can somebody explain the purpose of this additional tab?
Thanks,
Karen.
Karen

Postby QM-Dude » Tue Nov 12, 2002 8:43 am

Hi,

as the sample management process bases on 'inspection points' you will get the line for an additional inspection. Now this is not fully applicable for sample management and in QE51N you can deactivate via a flag that this further inspection will be displayed. It is correct that you will get independent inspection point = samples for each pooled sample you create as defined in your sample drawing procedure. But you can also use the further inspection to add another sample to be inspected. Her you have the choice to extend the existing sample drawing or create a new one. In both cases this will happen with reference to the actual inspection lot. You can use that i.e. in case you inspect each second drum but realize that due to rejected MIC's you want to inspect each drum additionally. Antoher scenario might be the lost of a sample or the drawing of a new one in case the original one was wrong or not representative.

Hope that helps.
Regards
QM-Dude
QM-Dude

Postby Karen » Tue Nov 12, 2002 9:31 am

Hi QM-Dude,

Many thanks for the informative reply.
Regards,
Karen.
Karen

Return to Logistics QM