This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

Increase GR inspection lot quantity

Logistics QM

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, Ha Tran

Increase GR inspection lot quantity

Postby aat99aat99 » Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:55 am

Hi all

I have the following scenario:

We are doing multiple GRs for the same material/batch/PO combination and want these to update the same inspection lot as QI stock. However once we have done a positive UD for this inspection lot if we get another receipts for this combination we want to create a new inspection lot.

From using the indicators on the material master, I can't get this to happen as all the subsequent GRs once the UD is carried out post to unrestricted stock as I guess SAP thinks that the inspection is finished for this combination.

Any ideas ?

Thanks in advance.

Alistair
aat99aat99

Re: Increase GR inspection lot quantity

Postby DSamson » Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:29 pm

Judging from the IMG documentation on the lot summary setting, if you have an acceptable UD, then the system will post subsequent receipts to unrestricted stock, and only create a new Lot if the UD was not acceptable:

"If a usage decision has already been made for the existing inspection lot, the inspection lot summary is dependent on the latter's valuation.

For the valuation "Acceptance", further partial deliveries are posted into the available stock without creating a new inspection lot.
For the valuation "Rejection", new inspection lots are created with the following partial deliveries."
Dennis Samson
Snr SAP QM/PLM Consultant
Idhasoft Inc
Irvine, CA
DSamson

Return to Logistics QM