This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

Digital Signature on Vendor Notification

Logistics QM

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, Ha Tran

Digital Signature on Vendor Notification

Postby becca656 » Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:17 am

I have created a copy of the standard vendor notification type to use as a vendor notification for my client.

While I have digital signature active for results recording, usage decision and non-material related notifications (e.g., CAPA and Batch Recall), I am unable to activate digital signature for the notification type I have created.

I cannot locate the configuration for activating the digital signature for these material related notifications (will also need for internal and customer returns).

Is there something I am missing in the configuration?
becca656

Re: Digital Signature on Vendor Notification

Postby DSamson » Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:16 pm

SPRO > Quality Management > Quality Notifications > Notification Processing > Digital Signature > Specify Digital Signature.

You need to set this up for each Notificaion tpye and each required business transaction (like Task completion).

I hope this helps.
Dennis Samson
Snr SAP QM/PLM Consultant
Idhasoft Inc
Irvine, CA
DSamson

Postby becca656 » Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:36 am

Thanks, Dennis, but I already have that set up. PMM4 for completion of notification and QM41 for completion of the tasks for all my notification types.

The digital signature shows up perfectly for the non-material related notifications, but not for the material related ones.

The QMAUTH key for digital signature is only able to be defined for Results Recording and for Usage Decision, which also work perfectly. But there is nothing in that setting for notifications. Was wondering if there was a separate setting that needed to be configured, but I am not finding anything on it.
becca656

Postby DSamson » Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:42 pm

As far as I know, the path I gave is the only one for Notifications. I have only used this at Task-level and for Task Completions (QN41), but I can't see why it would not work for other settings.

You did set the level at 0 Header level, right?

And the Signature type A and strategy SAPPOCSS for using the User name and Password?

Oh, one more thing - do you have any kind of security in the background that controls who has the authority to close Notifications by type?
Dennis Samson
Idhasoft Inc
Irvine, CA
DSamson

Postby becca656 » Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:52 pm

You did set the level at 0 Header level, right?
Yes.

Signature type A and strategy SAPPOCSS for using the User name and Password?
I am using signature type A and strategy 00000001. SAPPOCSS looks to apply to PI sheets and I wasn't using digital signature on PI sheets.

do you have any kind of security in the background that controls who has the authority to close Notifications by type
This is a development system, so we are on SAPALL or equivalent.

The digital signature works on some of the notifications. I have five custom documents created and it works on two of them (Batch Recall and CAPA), but not on the other three (NCMRs - Vendor, Customer and Internal) - the only difference seems to be whether the notification is coming from an inspection lot, on which results recording and usage decision digital signature appears to work just fine.
becca656

Postby DSamson » Tue Aug 12, 2014 2:06 pm

Strange!

I just set up a Q1 Notification for Digital signature on completion using the settings I described and it worked fine. Don't worry about the commnet about PI sheet, it is irrelevant to what we are doing. The basic function is that the system looks for a User name and password.

What settings did you use for the Notifications where the DigSig does work? The same ones?
Dennis Samson
Idhasoft Inc
Irvine, CA
DSamson

Postby becca656 » Tue Aug 12, 2014 2:53 pm

The three notification types are copies of the standard F series notifications. Only the screen layouts are different.

I just know I'm missing something, but it's hard to understand when some work and some don't. I could have sworn there was a separate table that needed to be set for notification digital signature outside of the ones we've discussed. Something about the QM material authorization (QMAUTH) key, because the standards don't include settings for the notifications and the notifications had to be done somewhere else.
becca656

Return to Logistics QM