This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

Early Lot creation creates two Inspection Lots

Logistics QM

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, Ha Tran

Early Lot creation creates two Inspection Lots

Postby PWNeiss » Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:59 pm

Hi Friends,
we have early lot creation for our production order. The Lot is created at Goods receipt and we are working on it. The usage decision is usually recorded before the Goods receipt is posted. When the GRT is posted, the System creates a second Inspection Lot and posts the produced Material in QI-Stock.
Did anybody see this behavior before? Any solution or ideas for that?

Thanks in advance

Paul
PWNeiss

Re: Early Lot creation creates two Inspection Lots

Postby DSamson » Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:52 pm

Yes, this is standard SAP behavior when you make the UD on the Inspection Lot before posting the GR.

I am not sure about your statement
PWNeiss wrote:The Lot is created at Goods receipt and we are working on it.

With early Lot creation, the Inspection Lot is created on Prduction Order RELEASE, not on Goods Receipt.

Early Lot creation shows the Lot quantity as the Order Quantity, but there is a second field for "Actual Lot Quantity" that is updated as the GR is posted.

Before GR, the Inspection Lot status does not contain SPRQ, so any UD at that point will not post inventory from QI to unrestricted as there is nothing to post. As soon as a GR posting occurs, the SPRQ apprears and the stock posting tab in the UD is available.
Dennis Samson
Snr SAP QM/PLM Consultant
Idhasoft Inc
Irvine, CA
DSamson

Re: Early Lot creation creates two Inspection Lots CLOSED

Postby PWNeiss » Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:04 pm

Hi Dennis,
thanks for your reply. I made a mistake; of course, the Lot is created at release of Production Order.
I made some more checks and found, that the reason for this behavior is, we are working with Serial numbers.
Early Lot creation cannot be used in conjunction with Serial numbers, so we had to change to in-process Inspection Lots However, your response is appreciated, thanks for this, I will close this Topic now.

Thanks

Paul
PWNeiss

Return to Logistics QM