This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

quality certificate in QC20 issue

Logistics QM

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, Ha Tran

quality certificate in QC20 issue

Postby sgghogale » Fri Feb 14, 2014 4:53 am

Dear Experts,
We have a scenario where in we have two plants. One is 1000 (manufacturing plant) and 1001( depot).
We have all setup (MICs, inspection plans, certificate profiles) in place for QM to generate certificate in QC20 at 1000. But the same material is transferred to 1001 (Depot) and from there, it is shipped to customer. So now we want the certificate (QC20) to be generated against outbound delivery of 1001 to customer without having any setup at 1001. Can you suggest if there is any way that we could accomplish this? If we create all setup (MICs, inspection plans, certificate profiles) and again do the result recording (qa32) for the same materials at 1001, it would be duplicate work for users.
If we try to generate certificate at 1001 against outbound delivery of 1001, we get following error.
The data for batch 000000000000XXXX 1001 XXXXXXX could not be printed

Thanks,
Sachin
sgghogale

Re: quality certificate in QC20 issue

Postby Trygve » Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:18 am

How is your batch management, is it on plant level or material level ? It should be on material level.

The standard SAP way of handling this is to make sure the results are on the batch and get the results from the batch, not the inspection lot. That requires Class characteristics and referenced MIC's.
At UD the results are then transferred to the batch and will follow the batch cross plant and always be available.

We always use it, and we use both inspection plan and material specification. You don't mention material specification, thus I suspect you only use insp.plan.

I guess the alternative is to start messing around with the print program, locating insp.lots from other plants than where your delivery is.
Regards
Trygve
Trygve

Postby sgghogale » Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:08 am

Hi
yes our products are batch managed. and it is at plant level (unique).
Also we use insp. plan and not material specifications.

Thanks,
Sachin
sgghogale

Postby Trygve » Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:36 am

Hi

As far as I know, having batch at plant level, means that you don't 'bring along' batch data if doing a plant-to-plant. Personally I don't see the point in having it at plant level instead of material, but then there's a lot I don't understand. :)

Also, even if you didn't say, I suppose you're using 'Complete copy model' MIC's.

As far as I can see you've got two choices:

1) Change your setup to have batch on material level, start using referenced MICs and get data from the batch in the CoA profile
or
2) Modify the print program.

Regards
Trygve
Regards
Trygve
Trygve

Postby Donk » Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:51 pm

Another potential option - in the config settings for the batch where used list, set each site to have synchronous posting of batch were used records active. The cert profiles could then be set up to use standard production chain functions for the results & spec origins

Regards,
John
Donk

Return to Logistics QM