This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

Unplanned Characteristics

Logistics QM

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, Ha Tran

Unplanned Characteristics

Postby QMNewbie » Sun Nov 17, 2013 5:37 pm

All,

When I add an unplanned characteristic directly into the inspection lot (QE51N) it is successfully added but it does not pull in any selected set for us to record a result against. The MIC has the selected set maintained and it is a 'Complete Copy Model'. Am I missing something in the configuration or something in the MIC itself?

We are using version 6.0 EHP6.

Also, for quantitative characteristic, we do not maintain the lower or upper specs on the MIC because the values for our materials varies so much that it would require too many changes on the inspection plans where they are used the business decided to leave these blank so that there would be no risk of having some thing incorrect copied from the MIC to the inspection plan. Because we left the upper and lower limits off when we add an unplanned characteristic to a lot it will not allow any limits to be added. Does anyone have any suggestions on a better way to set up these MICs so that we can have the limits without specifying actual limit values?

Thanks in advance!
QMNewbie

Re: Unplanned Characteristics

Postby Craig » Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:53 am

I can't say I know of any issue with qualitative characteristics.

As far as your MIC's you should at least have the maximum value allowed for a MIC. I.e a ph should be 1 - 14. A percent test should be 0 - 100%, etc... etc...

Craig
Craig

Postby sapquestion » Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:02 pm

I had the same issue for Complete Copy model chars - Quantitative.

I could specify a target value but the char still had to be manually valuated by the user.
sapquestion

Postby Craig » Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:10 pm

Not sure the OP was using or talking about target values.

In any case, target values are not taken into consideration for valuation. Never have been.

Craig
Craig

Postby QMNewbie » Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:24 pm

Craig,

Thanks for the response. I will open a dialog with SAP to see if they can determine why I am not getting the selected set when manually adding a qualitative char to a plan.

Regards,

QMNewbie

Return to Logistics QM