This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

Action Box within Quality Notification error

Logistics QM

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, Ha Tran

Action Box within Quality Notification error

Postby AKelly » Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:16 am

I have a custom action box that has been defined but it's tied to a standard ECM function module (Create ECR - FM: CCNO_CREATE_ECR) and when I click on the action box I receive an error message that says Transaction QM01 QM02 not supported. Have I missed a step in configuration where this FM needs to get tied to the business transaction?
Any suggestions? Thanks!
AKelly

Re: Action Box within Quality Notification error

Postby Craig » Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:53 am

Hmmm..nothing rings a bell. But you don't mention exactly what your action box or the FM is trying to do. My first guess is that the FM is designed for a PM related notification or maybe another area. See what happens if you try to use IW21 instead of QM01. You might have to do some config changes to test this. Probably have to configure the same action box for a notification used by IW21.

Craig
Craig

Postby AKelly » Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:36 am

Providing a follow up because it's a rare situation so it may be useful if anyone gets stuck like this. The client I am working with has gone live at a few plants and then got acquired. The new parent co runs SAP already, so we are migrating them to the parent platform. Well, since the parent is already live and has been for many years, we aren't truly doing everything from scratch from a config standpoint. Come to find out- the parent co's SAP system was setup before many of the standard SAP code groups and codes and follow up actions were available (they obviously don't use much QM in their system). In QM config under Basic Settings > Setting up Clients there are different items you can execute to transfer settings into the client. Typically, we all would just run "Transfer ALL" at the start of a new build, but since we were going into an existing client that was already live, we did not execute this transfer and took a few days to push through and figure this out. I did a data dump of the tables before executing the transfer, then did a refresh extraction and compared- and none of the existing data was overwritten- just the standard SAP items that were missing were carried into the client. For example, one of the major ones missing for notifications/catalogs was the SAP code group SAPISR and the ECM follow up actions.

Just a nugget of info for future reference in case anyone has issues like this in the future.
AKelly

Postby Craig » Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:05 pm

Thanks for the follow-up!

That's not a real unusual issue actually anymore. Seems like fewer and fewer truly "new" systems going in. More and more are like what you describe, an acquisition, merger, or upgrade project seem to be the majority of them. Unraveling something someone else did, and especially why, can be very difficult. :evil:

I've also come across something similar to your issue where someone decided that we shouldn't keep the standard SAP stuff around. So after copying everything, they go back in and delete everything not used in the first go-live. All the standard config items.

Craig
Craig

Postby AKelly » Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:21 am

It's very frustrating trying to unravel others "designs" and figure out how to make them work. "Lucikly" for me, on this gig I was brought in right before the initial go live (before the merger) and had to figure out what exactly was done. And for several months during go live support watching all the issues (most of which I posted about such as QI stock, IM/WM/QM issues, etc) blow up and try to figure out the method to the madness prior to my arrival was just "fun". Now we are migrating, and replicating the system on this new/already live system has proven challenging, but I do enjoy the challenge. Lots of experience I am gaining with workflow, notifications, compliance, etc. As you said before- we have job security with this and I do enjoy the SAP curve balls as well as the people side and getting leadership sponsors and end users all to eventually adopt and embrace the system.
AKelly

Return to Logistics QM