This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

False stock posting from QA11!!!

Logistics QM

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, Ha Tran

False stock posting from QA11!!!

Postby zyra » Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:32 am

Hello,

I have a strange situation and I can not resolve it:
after taken the UD and stock posting action(isp type 01), the system updated the IL system status as 'UD' and 'SPCO'(Stock posting completed).
But the system does not created any mat.document for transfer posting and the material remains in Q-insp stock!!!
I've checked the table QAMB (Link Between Inspection Lot and Material Document) and it contains one line with the field 'Material document' empty...
Any idea about what's happened?
Thx a lot!
zyra

Re: False stock posting from QA11!!!

Postby Craig » Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:20 pm

Where does MMBE say the stock is?

Craig
Craig

Postby AKelly » Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:13 am

I'm actually having a similiar issue. Scenario is WM, QM, and HUM are all active. When making the UD, you also have the "Inspect for HU" setting setup in the insp type 04, so each HU can be sent to unrestricted or blocked, etc. Well, users will mark the HU as "post to unrestricted", apply UD code, and save. Material does not move to UNR, it is still stuck in QI according to MMBE. Found out that in the background, there are open Posting Change Notices that have to be cleared/confirmed and the TO has to be PGI then the stock will move.

WM consultant is going to setup the mvmt type 321 (QI > UNR) to do this automatically (hopefully). Otherwise, the only work around is users go to VL06O and find the PCN/TO and process each of them manually. Anybody seen this before?
AKelly

Postby Craig » Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:42 am

WM should be able to do this automatically. Anytime you have WM involved you have to either manually process the TO or have it done automatically.

The problem specifically comes in where you have a mixed bag of stock postings. If you post some material to unrestricted and some units to blocked stock, WM doesn't really know how to process this on the WM side as the batch could be held in multiple bins. So I think you will find any mixed postings have to have the TO's done manually.

I can't remember how that works for HU's but we did use them at one client with WM and QM. I think even though you would think, based on the handling unit, WM would now know exactly what units to process to where, it would be able to. But I still think it doesn't know and the TO's have to be manually done. I think it processes them fine if the the entire stock quantity goes to either blocked or unrestricted stock.

Craig
Craig

Postby AKelly » Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:10 am

Thanks Craig. I did check yesterday with WM and we tested a config change. In the storage types for that warehouse, we selected "Propose post. change at sotrage bin" so it will perform the movement automatically. We are still setting up this system so once we get some production GR's in the system, I will test the movement of multiple HU's to multiple locations and report back.
AKelly

Postby ask » Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:25 pm

Well, I believe Zyra's problem is at IM level and certainly not related to HU. For them, they need to look at if they have inconsistency in IM and QM. Magical oss note 48815 helps.

With HU relevant inspections, there is loose (technically no) link between QM and IM stock. Howevere you can disposition HU's as they are tied to the lot. The lot status does not have SPRQ or SPCO in that case. It remains HUM, regardless of the status of HU staock transfer.
@AKelly - would be keen to converse about QM <--> HU issues. Let us know what you find here and IM if you want to discuss further on QM +HU deal.
Anand
ask

Postby AKelly » Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:45 pm

After a couple more weeks of testing, we have in fact found that this setting done on the storage type (as explained in my earlier post) fixed what we needed. Actually, on the insp lot- even with HUM active, SPCO is updated to show stock posting complete. Also, Craig, we found that with IM/WM/QM/HUM active, you can do mixed dispositions/postings because for each HU, WM knows exactly where you want it to go, so fortunately you don't have to manually process the TO's. Now, if HUM were not a part of the equation then you might have to process TO's manually to move the stock since there's no HU, just quantities, so the system doesn't know where you want to go. At least that's my opinion on it...

So in summary- IM/WM/QM/HUM - can automatically move items in QA11 stock posting tab, and as long as the inspection type has "Inspect for HU" active, then you can disposition each HU to different locations from QA11 without having to manually process TO's. Hope this helps.
AKelly

Postby Craig » Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:49 am

Thanks for the update! I'll be making a note of this for future reference!

Craig
Craig

Return to Logistics QM