This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

Results recording via QM IDI Interface

Logistics QM

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, Ha Tran

Results recording via QM IDI Interface

Postby AKelly » Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:02 pm

Hi there-

Need some help with an interface issue. We are using a standard QM IDI interface to create inspection points and then record results to that inspection point from a 3rd party system. The inspection lot is an 03- in process tied to the recipe. We are using FM QIRF_GET_INSP_POINT2 to create the inspection point, then using FM QIRF_GET_ALL_DATA_VALUES2 to record the result. The RR FM is currently setup using Record Type Q62 and both the I_IND_CLOSE_PROCESSING field and KZABSCHL fields are being passed with “X” which is set to close the characteristic.

The issue is the result is being recorded by the 3rd party system via the interface perfectly and the status of the MIC is set to “5” which = processing is complete. However, when the user goes to make a Usage Decision for the inspection lot, it says required characteristics are still open. The short term char column still shows "1" even though a result is logged. If I go into the result directly and unlock then relock it, it triggers the valuation and the short term column changes to "0". I want this to happen automatically when the interface records the result, otherwise the user will have to touch each result manually, and that defeats the purpose of the interface. Any ideas to check in the FM or in config areas?? Thanks in advance!
AKelly

Re: Results recording via QM IDI Interface

Postby Craig » Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:12 am

Check the field QALS-OFFENNLZMK before and after your interface records the result. My feeling is that this field is not being decremented by your interface. When you unlock and relock the characteristic manually SAP updates the field correctly. This field is the field checked prior to the UD. I don't know if it is the responsibility of the provided FM's to update the field or if it is the customer's to do something extra to fix it. I'd inquire with SAP or see of there are any OSS notes on the FM addressing this. I wouldn't think this is the first time this issue has arisen. I've just never specifically dealt with it.

Craig
Craig

Postby AKelly » Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:49 am

Yes, I agree. I just don't understand why it wouldn't be part of the FM as that is uploading results. However, I guess that field is independent of the upload FM's. Weird. Thanks!
AKelly

Postby Donk » Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:07 pm

Hi,

Can you test to see if setting QAISR-KZLPROBE on your record to see if that makes any difference?

Regards,
John
Donk

Postby AKelly » Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:05 am

Just following up. John, you are correct. Passing an 'X' for field KZLPROBE marks that characteristic as "closed" and no further chars are expected*(see note) so the short term characteristic flag is set to 0. *Note: just b/c the KZLPROBE is passed, you can STILL create additional inspection points and record results.
AKelly

Return to Logistics QM