This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

Decimal Place in inspection result

Logistics QM

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, Ha Tran

Decimal Place in inspection result

Postby rastamhadimustapa » Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:22 pm

Hello all,

The company I'm workng on is using QM integrate with PM to record inspection results for equipment, e.g for flow rate, etc. Business requirement is to have decimal places (2 decimal) on some of the MIC and I have defined 2 decimal places at MIC (STELLEN) in Quantitative data and I also has defined 2 decimal places in the general task list used by the equipment. However, when the new PM order is created, system still not allow me to enter decimal place in the inspection result field. What am I missing here?. Do I still need to configure decimal place at specific plant level?. My MIC is created at Generic Plant, which is what the intend as the company I'm working is global company with many plants worldwide. I'm on ECC6. Appreciate advice.
Thanks
rastamhadimustapa

Re: Decimal Place in inspection result

Postby rastamhadimustapa » Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:00 am

Just to add whenever I add decimal places, either 1, 2, 3 or 4, system will prompt me an error message "decimal places are not permitted', albeit I have decimal place at MIC set as 1 and at plant level defaulted as 1.
Do you think decimal place at 'unit of measurement' in the configuration could be caused as well?
rastamhadimustapa

Postby Trygve » Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:13 am

I would definately start by checking the UoM. If it doesn't allow decimals I don't think it matters what you put in Your MIC or task list.
Regards
Trygve
Trygve

Postby rastamhadimustapa » Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:48 am

Hi,

I already set 2 decimal places in UOM bit teh resultis still negative, system still prompt an error message when I entered 2 or more decimal places at <Inspected> field QAQEE-ANZWERTG. The error message is "decimal places are not permitted". Now I have doubt whether this field able to enter decimal places at all.
rastamhadimustapa

Postby Gothmog » Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:31 am

This field is an integer - no decimals possible there.
68 74 74 70 3a 2f 2f 74 69 6e 79 75 72 6c 2e 63 6f 6d 2f 62 64 6f 37 6d 77 67
Gothmog

Postby Trygve » Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:05 am

You're not supposed to enter the result in the 'inspected' field. It's for the "Number of Inspected Sample Units"

The result should be in the Result Field.
Regards
Trygve
Trygve

Return to Logistics QM