This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

Default for Inspection Point Completion

Logistics QM

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, Ha Tran

Default for Inspection Point Completion

Postby SAPling » Thu May 30, 2013 2:48 pm

All,

When I create an operation in an inspection plan, the default inspection point completion is '2 - Valuation'. I am trying to default this value to be '3 - Automatic valuation based on inspection point definition'. Can anyone tell me if this is something that I can configure and if so, where I can find the config? We create and/or change inspection operations so infrequently the master data manager forgets to change this value and it slows down our inspectors at the time of results recording.

Thanks!

Sapling
SAPling

Re: Default for Inspection Point Completion

Postby Craig » Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:55 am

It's in the operation overview screen of the inspection plan. You have to scroll down to find it.

Craig
Craig

Postby AKelly » Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:52 am

You have to double click on the operation line item which will then bring up the Operation details. Like Craig said, you then have to scroll down to find that field. Ran into the same issue on a previous project- very annoying if it's not setup.
AKelly

Postby SAPling » Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:50 pm

Thanks for the reply guys but what I am hoping to find is where I can default in the value when an inspection plan is created.

My master data person knows how to manually change the value but sometimes forgets to make the change when creating inspection plans and I am hoping to set a default to what the company uses all the time.

Thanks again!
SAPling

Postby Craig » Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:52 am

I don't think you can default in a value.

You can make the field required I believe and have this influenced by the task type and usage.

See in config:

Quality Planning-->Inspection Planning-->General-->Define Field Selection

The other alternative is to create a template plan. Than use this as a copy model when creating new plans.

Craig
Craig

Return to Logistics QM