This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

Temporary QI Posting

Logistics QM

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, Ha Tran

Temporary QI Posting

Postby QMNewbie » Tue May 28, 2013 10:59 am

All,

We have a material that does not normally get inspected at the time it is produced and thus does not have an 04 inspection type assigned in the material master. However, manufacturing would like to have the next dozen or so orders posted to QI or Blocked stock. As of now, we cannot change the stock posting in the process order to QI or Blocked stock. We are getting the following message: "Inspection is active - indicator is set automatically."

In trying to test this I have activated the 04 insp type in the material master (post to inspection stock is set), created an inspection plan for the 04, and created my process orders for receipt into QI stock. Everything works appropriately but, when I deactivated the inspection type in the material master any process orders that were created prior to the change but that had not been received were subsequently received into unrestricted stock.

Is there a way to by-pass this issue for just these few process orders without having to manage the material master and process order receipts at such a finite level and timing?

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in Advance!

Chris
QMNewbie

Re: Temporary QI Posting

Postby Craig » Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:52 am

Nope,

SAP is not retroactive. It only lives in the moment. :-)

Craig
Craig

Re: Temporary QI Posting

Postby SAPling » Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:45 pm

Craig,

Thanks for the feedback!
SAPling

Return to Logistics QM