This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

qcert question

Logistics QM

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, Ha Tran

qcert question

Postby AIZ » Wed May 01, 2013 2:27 pm

All,
Hope you are doing well.I needed some advice on a COA related topic.

The client creates 04 inspection lots in plant 3000 . The product is then moved to another plant 3001 from where it is shipped .

Iam trying to create a COA for the 04 inspection lot for the delivery from the plant 3001. I have created a certificate profile with MICs from plant 3000 and 3001. The system is giving me an error message saying that the COA cannot be printed since the inspection lot does not exist in plant 3001 for the batch from plant 3000. How do i get the system to view the COA for the 04 inspection lot from plant 3000

any help will be appreciated
AIZ

Re: qcert question

Postby Craig » Wed May 01, 2013 4:18 pm

You have to create a new FM for "results origin". In the FM you follow the same logic used by the current results origin FM you are using. But include new logic that if that fails, you change the plant Id and search again for the inspection lot. How you determine which plant to search next is something you'll have to design. Maybe check material transfers for the material? Maybe check the materials QMAT settings and see what other plants have an 04 insp type active? If there is only one you are golden and you might just start out with that logic.

This is one of the reasons I always try, when ever possible, to take the results from the batch record and not an inspection lot.

Craig
Craig

Postby AIZ » Wed May 01, 2013 4:49 pm

Thanks Craig, iam glad to see that you agree that standard SAP doesnt support this.
AIZ

Postby Craig » Thu May 02, 2013 7:34 am

Yes and No. They have provided a means to deal with it via configuration and custom FM. So I don't think if it as SAP not supporting it. They clearly have provided a means to deal with these types of situations.

My pet peeve is when people say SAP doesn't do something and use it as an excuse to modify the underlying COA programs. That than locks the client into all the functionality available at that release and prevents them from using future functionality in future releases unless they do a whole new rewrite of their custom program.

By using a FM as suggested, upgrades and future changes to SAP''s COA program become a none issue as they should continue to support the use of a FM in that area. Writing and maintaining a FM is a whole lot easier, (and cheaper), than maintaining a whole custom COA program in the long run.

Craig
Craig

Return to Logistics QM