This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

Calculation with a target value in Results Recording

Logistics QM

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, Ha Tran

Calculation with a target value in Results Recording

Postby martin79 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:39 am

I have a scenario in calibration where the calibration instrument (an equipment) is compared with another device that is a "master" and the results recording is done for both.

There are two MICs (one for the master and one for the instrument itself). A calculated characteristic simply tells me the difference between them. With this, the inspector approves or not.

The PROBLEM is that my target values and lower/upper values DO NOT come from the MIC master data value as usual, but from the recorded value of one of the MICs retrieved in RESULTS RECORDING.

The tolerance is calculated from a deviation of the results of one of the MICs in results recording and NOT from the master data value of the MICs

Therefore, I have, for example
The MASTER with a value of 10
The INSTRUMENT with a vaule of 11
The acceptance is calculated from the variation in real time between both values and not from the value of the MIC in the master data.

Could this be done in the standard?
Thanks in advance!!
martin79

Re: Calculation with a target value in Results Recording

Postby Craig » Wed May 01, 2013 8:54 am

I think you'll need a custom formula for a calculated characteristic to do the calculation and valuation. Return from the formula either a 1 for pass or 0 for fail.

Craig
Craig

Re: Calculation with a target value in Results Recording

Postby martin79 » Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:45 am

Thank you Craig,

What I have done finally, is that this formula of the calculated characteristic will be the difference between the values of both characteristics (0010 and 0020: object and master object). If the result is greater than plus/minus 2 (for example) the calculated chaarcteristic is rejected and the whole inspection point as well. If it is less, of course, it is accepted.

This, with disregard of the judgment call of the user in the usage decision stage.

Bye and nice weekend for all users.
martin79

Return to Logistics QM