This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

Sub contracting PO, Unable to move QI stock

Logistics QM

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, Ha Tran

Sub contracting PO, Unable to move QI stock

Postby anban » Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:59 am

Hi Experts,
The scenario is like this:
- A material is delivered from Vendor A to Vendor B and from B it is shipped to a third party. Client wants to inspect the material with stock control when it is moved from Vendor A to B.
- For this A sub contracting PO is created with vendor A and the delivery address is Vendor B. QM procurement Key is activated with insp type 01. When GR is done the stock is posted to QI stock. Where as the inspection lot created is only with REL CALC status which means stock is not with inspection lot. When UD is taken, UD screen does not have the stock posting tab. So ultimately no stock movement from QM.
- 'Post to insp stock' tick is made for ins type 01 in Material master.
- When i tried source inspection with 0101, there is no stock movement. Again the insp lot (created through QI07) does not have batch (It is to be created manually).

Any thing is missing. Any help is appreciated.
Thanks/anban
anban

Re: Sub contracting PO, Unable to move QI stock

Postby Trygve » Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:25 am

Hi

I think the general thinking is that as long as it's not in your stock you can't have stock relevant inspection.

You could take a look at this post and see if it helps :

http://www.sapfans.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=332843&hilit=stock+subcontracting

at least it might give some ideas. Unfortunately it's not fresh in my mind anymore, so I don't remember all details.

I guess one alternative would be that you receive the materail into your own stock from vendor A and then ship it to vendor B, but that's not how it behaves in real life so I don't think your MM-poeple would be overjoyed.
Regards
Trygve
Trygve

Re: Sub contracting PO, Unable to move QI stock

Postby anban » Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:45 pm

Thanks a lot Trygve,

I think you had a similar scenario it seems, where Source inspection was the solution. When i tried source inspection i face others issues .

1. When UD (Rejected) of source inspeciton taken, it does not block Goods receipt. Shall we have to use QM control key for it?, where vendor invoice block is possible
2. If Insp type 01 is not activated it places the stock in unrestricted stock (where we do not have control). I we activate it the stock will be in QI but not movable through UD (the actual issue).
3. Source insp lot is created without batchnumber, so one has to create batch in QA02. In our case only during Goods receipt the batch is created for the incoming material.

Any further clue is appreciated

Regrds/Anban
anban

Return to Logistics QM