This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

Valuate the non-valuated QM characteristics manually?

Logistics QM

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, Ha Tran

Valuate the non-valuated QM characteristics manually?

Postby Trygve » Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:04 am

Hi

We're using both task list and mat.spec in our inspection setup.

What we observe is that is not all referenced MIC's have results we get a pop-up when doing UD saying 'Valuate the non-valuated QM characteristics manually?' and then we have to choose Yes / No.

It's a bit annoying, especially since this also appear when the MIC is set to 'Skip' based on the DMR.

I'm pretty sure this has to do with the use of material specification and transfer of results to the batch.
I've tried to see if it's possible to get rid of it, but can't find anywhere to switch it of.

Anybody who knows how to do it or would I have to get my ABAP'er to modify the program to skip it ?
Regards
Trygve
Trygve

Re: Valuate the non-valuated QM characteristics manually?

Postby Craig » Wed May 01, 2013 8:43 am

Hmmm.. if a characteristic is marked as skipped it should not be asking for a valuation. I believe there is something definitely wrong with that.

Otherwise, the system sounds like its working ok. If the tests are required and no result is entered it should give you that pop-up.

Craig
Craig

Postby Trygve » Thu May 02, 2013 2:14 am

It's during UD and only if I'm using referenced MICs. The class characteristics are NOT required, only the MICs.
The missing result in the MIC should be taken care of by actually confirming that I want to do a 'Force UD'.

I've also seen it at another customer where we're only using mat.spec and no insp.plan and there the neither MICs nor class characteristics are required.

I'm pretty sure it's linked to the transfer of results to the batch, and since it's not required in the class characteristics I feel it's a bit unnecessary.

But I guess this means that we might have to do a slight modification in the program.
Regards
Trygve
Trygve

Postby Craig » Thu May 02, 2013 7:37 am

What is driving that is the required indicator on the MIC. Not the class characteristic. QM has no knowledge of the settings on a general characteristic. The system is doing exactly as I would expect. Take off the required indicator and the pop up should go away.

Craig
Craig

Postby Trygve » Thu May 02, 2013 7:50 am

It doesn't, because as I said, I've got this other custome using only Mat.spec and there none of the MIC's are required. All are optional, but I still get the message.
Regards
Trygve
Trygve

Return to Logistics QM