This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

Results Recording In Sequence

Logistics QM

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, Ha Tran

Results Recording In Sequence

Postby Larry B » Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:45 pm

Hello Gurus,

Is there any way to systematically force several results to be recorded in sequence? (e.g. there are five accept/reject characteristics, need to force the user to record the first characteristic, only then can the user access the second characteristic, only after completing the second, they can access the third...). This is for a non-production (not 03) inspection lot.

I tried turning on inspection lot operation confirmation - but it didn't enforce any rules. Seemed to be informative only.

I tried setting up dependent characteristics - but once accepting the first result, all 4 following characteristics are opened - not just the immediately ensuing characteristic.

Any leads would be great!
Best Regards,
Larry
Larry B

Re: Results Recording In Sequence

Postby Craig » Wed May 01, 2013 8:36 am

Did you try making each characteristic dependent on an in-spec value of the previous one?

Craig
Craig

Postby Larry B » Thu May 02, 2013 2:37 pm

Hi Craig,

Thanks for the idea... It seems to work great if I just have two characteristics - but not more. What I found is a dependent characteristics cannot reference other dependent characteristics. Example: Char 10...Char 20 dependent (this will default to depend on char 10), .... Char 30 dependent (unfortunately this will default to depend on char 10 - and not 20). So if I accept Char 10... 20 & 30 will immediately become available.

I have convinced the business to just live with it - but it would be nice have something better. Thanks again for taking the time to answer.
Best Regards,
Larry
Larry B

Postby Craig » Mon May 06, 2013 3:51 pm

Interesting.

I might actually consider submitting that to SAP and see what they say. It would make sense for it to work.

Craig
Craig

Return to Logistics QM