This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

Presence of a master device in a calibration process

Logistics QM

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, Ha Tran

Presence of a master device in a calibration process

Postby martin79 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:38 am

Hello QMs

I have a calibration process wherein the equipment to be inspected is compared with a master device that is the "champion". For example, the inspector measures the equipment and it says 37 degrees, I record 37 degrees in Results Recording. The master device (another equipment?) reads 37,2 and I register this as well.

I need to register results for this master calibrator and if I create it as PRT I am not allowed to do it.

How do you handle this master calibrator device? As another equipment? (not of category Q?)

Thank you!
martin79

Re: Presence of a master device in a calibration process

Postby ask » Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:17 am

Depends on what you want to do with the dat in terms of display, reporting, calculation etc.

1:If it is only for reference and documentation, you can asiign it as a PRT and calll it during results recording.

2: If it is for calculation e.g. difference bet master v/s actual then you can think creatign two similar MIC's. e.g Degress with Master, Degrees with Sample and then calculated char.

3: If you want to record a set of all results for master and sample, you can think of creating a new insp point, copy of 300 and have "Master" ot "Champion" as an additional field identifier along with Equipment under test. You can also build validation and Search help on that using BAdI and add those in inspection point config. This is a good solution, that only negative is, you can't do calculations like in option # 2 above.

Does this help?
Anand
ask

Postby martin79 » Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:11 am

Thank you Ask,

Incredibly helpful. This is what was finally done:

Option 1. The users did not even want it as master data. Therefore, I rejected this option as it required creating PRT as master data. But I liked it myself as the PRTs were few and I could use calculated characteristics.

Option 2. I used this approach with calculated characteristics exactly in this way. The value of the calculated char was the range ofthe tolerance we would accept in that inspection run. Normally one inspection point only is used. Further inspection points are not needed.

Option 3. : the predefined field is equipment, and in the user fields one for the master and one for the reference object. I would need anyway the calculated characteristic.

Thank you again
martin79

Postby ask » Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:00 pm

You're welcome. Always happy to analyze & suggest ideas. That's my anti-aging therapy !
Anand
ask

Return to Logistics QM