This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

plant to plant transfer in QM

Logistics QM

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, Ha Tran

plant to plant transfer in QM

Postby AIZ » Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:54 pm

All,

I have an existing client which has implemented QM. They have two plants. They are moving material from one plant to another by placing the stock in restricted stock. They do not use quality stock since they say that Q to Q stock transfer is not possible in QM in SAP.

My suggestion to them was to use QM , inspection lots, Q stock. When the UD is performed they can use a status such as ship under quarantine or conditional hold, keep the batch restricted and move the inspection lot to Unrestricted. Then they can do an STO plant to plant. When the STO movement takes place it will trigger an inspection lot in the receiving plant ( in this case plant 2) . The batch being the same will remain restricted. They will have a new 08 inspection lot in the second plant.

Another alternative is to use a BAPI for transfer of stock from Q to Q plant to plant.

Do you think these suggestions are viable and in your experience do you have any other suggestions

Thanks in advance
AIZ

Re: plant to plant transfer in QM

Postby ask » Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:28 pm

Not sure what you are asking for.
Also, can you elborate on the statement you made "keep the batch restricted and move the inspection lot to Unrestricted." I believe batch restriction enforces stock restriction. When you select a batch to restrict, you won't even see an Unrestrcited bucket in UD. It will have to be posted to restricted if has to move out of QI. (Blocked stock being the other option, but dont want that in this example.)
THough I have not done it myself, there is an SAP supported process for Q stock to Q stock transfer. Whether or not the corresponding Inventory and Purchsing process / config at your company can support it is matter of your investigation.
Last edited by ask on Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anand
ask

Postby AIZ » Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:52 pm

Thanks for the input. I have not seen a Q to Q plant to plant stock mvt type which works in SAP . If you know the exact mvt type or process kindly let me know
AIZ

Postby Bertha » Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:54 am

Hi,
You can use transaction QAC2 which will create a movement 323 for the whole quantity in the inspection lot. There is no way to do it for a partial quantity.

Bertha
Bertha

Return to Logistics QM