This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

Forms for calibration process.

Logistics QM

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, Ha Tran

Forms for calibration process.

Postby martin79 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:40 am

Hello QM community

I have a calibration scenario deployed in SAP PM strongly integrated with QM as you can imagine.

The customer has to print a form with some data such as equipment subject to calibration, location, characteristics to be inspected, range of the values, record the results, space for the signature and so on. The calibration inspector takes this piece of paper and completes it and then types it in SAP (a bit old fashioned :) )

My questions are:

1) Is there already one form or several forms to take as template for this, (so we can see if they suit or we have to change them through programming)
2) from which transactions these can be reached.
3) Which technology is used (namely SAP Smart Forms, for example) so we know which programmer we would need.

Please kindly do not send me to HELP SAP, I need to know your opinions and your favourite approach for this.

Bye!!

Martin
martin79

Re: Forms for calibration process.

Postby Craig » Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:07 am

I would think you do this using "Inspection Instructions"

They are printed from QA01/02 or can be set up to automatically print at a specific printer, usually one assigned to the workcenter.

You would need to create a SAP script for this and assign it to an output type in config. I don't think Smart forms are supported yet.

It should be relatively straight forward I think.

If you need any specific details, let me know.

Craig
Craig

Postby martin79 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:50 am

Thank you Craig for your answer.

How do I assign this to an output type in Customizing? Which path?

I could also print them after selecting the inspection lot in QA32 and I would take standard QM_INSP_RESULT and create our own "Z" based on that one.

I need to include my logo and a space with text for the signature (a physical signature on a paper, so the space would be a line actually ______________).

I would like to, first, give the most precise instructions to the programmer that will include the aforementioned requirements and to the Basis consultant how to manage the spool requests and output devices. We could print a PDF of this.

Any suggestions about how to approach the programmer and the Basis colleagues in this and give them the most precise analysis as possible from your experience?

Bye and happy Easter to all the SAPFans community worldwide!

Martin
martin79

Postby Craig » Wed May 01, 2013 7:52 am

Martin,

Sorry for being away so long.. did you get this solved?

Craig
Craig

Postby martin79 » Wed May 08, 2013 8:24 am

Hello!

Thank you for answering Craig! The blueprint written is now two forms, one BEFORE the inspection (mostly empty as the aftermath of the inspection is not known yet, but with some information that comes from the inspection lot) and the other one AFTER the results recording. They print it, sign it and done. In a Z transaction they would choose with a matchcode with form to print.

That´s how it is right now, basically.

Bye!

Martin
martin79

Return to Logistics QM