This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

COA question

Logistics QM

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, Ha Tran

COA question

Postby AIZ » Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:17 pm

All,

I have the following scenario and needed some advice if possible:

HUs sold as FG's to end customers
- Each FG ship or sold to has a specific way that the COA is to be presented; with Summarized data of Inspection characteristics for the whole delivery or broken out by HU.

Iam thinking use Certificate Profile with MIC's as the summarized data, i dont think HU's are linked to inspection characteristics , though they are linked in the stock posting of the UD screen.
- The COA must generate when the delivery is Goods Issued and the BOL has printed. The COA should be a “living” document and allow for changes on the fly. For example, If a mistake was made but wasn’t caught until after the PGI was made, we would need to be able to reverse PGI, add/remove/correct HU’s that are present on the Delivery and then re-PGI. The COA should be a flexible enough document to be able to capture the changes that have just been made and allow the system to be able to generate a new COA.

Iam thinkin gof generating the COA at the time of PGI using configuration . If the delivery is reversed iam assuming the COA can be printed again
- All of the above would need to be done by standard SAP

Kindly let me know if my thoughts are accurate or if you can think of anything else to this solution

Thank you for your help
AIZ

Re: COA question

Postby Craig » Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:55 am

I can't help you much with the HU stuff. But you won't have MIC data on an HU by HU basis anyway. Unless you are somehow using inspection points for this. In which case, that info can be printed on a COA but you will have to make a custom FM for results origin to determine which inspection points to print since you would be identifying your HU's in the inspection point identifier's probably and there would be no inherent links in SAP.

Your other items are pretty much standard SAP.

Craig
Craig

Postby AIZ » Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:34 am

Craig ,

Thank you very much

Anup
AIZ

Postby AIZ » Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:23 am

Do you know the exact configuration settings to print the COA automatically at PGI. I know y ou have set up access sequences etc , but if anyone has done this , will be helpful.
AIZ

Postby Craig » Wed May 01, 2013 8:40 am

Assuming by know you probably have this. If not, follow the settings for LQCB. I believe that comes set up pretty much how you need it.

Craig
Craig

Return to Logistics QM