This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

digital sgnature on CoA

Logistics QM

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, Ha Tran

digital sgnature on CoA

Postby saprega » Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:17 pm

Hi,
Has anyone printed out digital signatures in the CoA ? We need to get digital signatures of 03 inspection lots in the production chain and this has to print on the CoA of the manufactured product when delivered to customer.
Thanks
saprega

Re: digital sgnature on CoA

Postby Craig » Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:30 am

First off.. I highly encourage you to revisit this requirement with the client.

Electronic COA's are becoming the norm now and the vast majority of customers fully accept electronically produced COA's without signatures on them.

I've worked with many large chemical and pharma firms and this requirement is just about gone. Many of my clients have instead put bilier plate language on their COA's that say something like:

"This COA was electronically generated under an ISO 900x system. Should you have need for a signed COA please contact our customer service department at 1-800-xxx-xxxxx."

Or:
"This COA was electronically generated under an fully validated system. Should you require any information regarding our system or additional documentation, please contact customer service at 1-800-xxx-xxxx"

What ever your corporate lawyers approve.

In lieu of that, you would need to keep .BMP files of the people who have authority to sign off. The SAP script can than be modified to print the proper .BMP signature file on the COA based on the digital signature ID or person making the UD.

Craig
Craig

Return to Logistics QM