This website is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or approved by SAP AG.

Inspection Results by Operation Report

Logistics QM

Moderators: Snowy, thx4allthefish, Ha Tran

Inspection Results by Operation Report

Postby QMNewbie » Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:23 am

All,

I am working on a report that will allow the users to see inspection history by inspection lot, operation and MIC. The issue that I am having is determining the operation description for the MIC result. I am using QALS to determine inspection lot number, date, vendor, etc. QASR for the MICs that have results recorded, QAMV for the actual insp characteristic number (determined using the node and insp characteristic in QASR and QAMV). I wanted to use PLPO to get the operation description but cannot find a way to link the characteristics from QASR or QAMV to the insp plan (currently getting insp plan from QALS). The Node number in PLPO does not always match the node number from QASR / QAMV. It changes when insp plans are changed.

Does anyone have any suggrestions on how to link the QASR entry to the PLPO table?

Thanks in advance!
QMNewbie

Re: Inspection Results by Operation Report

Postby Craig » Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:14 pm

The node number does not relate to the QALS table at all. It relates to the node number in the PP tables.
You need to map via the other PP tables. In particular PLKZ, PLKO, PLAS and PLPO

MAPL - Allocation of task lists to materials
PLAS - Task list - selection of operations/activities
PLFH - Task list - production resources/tools
PLFL - Task list - sequences
PLKO - Task list - header
PLKZ - Task list: main header
PLPH - Phases / suboperations
PLPO - Task list operation / activity
PLPR - Log collector for tasklists
PLMZ - Allocation of BOM - items to operations

Craig
Craig

Postby ask » Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:22 pm

humh..well, refrain from going to master data tables directly. What makes it hard is all the internal counters and the interpretation is different in different tables. What makes it worse is depending on the use of ECM, these task list tables treat these counters and deletion flags / indicators differently. SO if you have a mix of some materials / plants using ECM and some not, you will have a tough time..
All I can say is spend a lot of time to make sure you have mapped out ALL data and transaction scenarios as you develop.
Further, since the master data changes, while transactional object like insp lot may have copied a different version, you will have to account for the date specific validity. Instead trying to build the logic the SAP uses anyway, try using AFVC to locate the correct task list . operations. Use inspection lot as an order type there. That should save you a lot of headache and money.
Anand
ask

Postby QMNewbie » Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:54 pm

Craig / Anand,

Thanks for the input. My real issue boils down to the fact that SAP resequences the node number in QAMV when the inspection lot is created based on the current inspection plan.

For example, when I created my first inspection lot there were three operations. This gave me nodes 1 through 3 One for each operation.

Operation Node Description
OP1 1 Inspect
OP2 2 Test
OP3 3 Records

This data is the same in QAMV as well as PLPO.

My issue comes in when I delete one of the operations in the inspection plan. Using the data from the previous example, when I delete the second operation then create an inspection lot the data in QAMV now looks like this:

Operation Node Description
OP1 1 Inspect
OP3 2 Records

Although operation 3 was node 3 originally it now is node 2 in QAMV because I deleted the second operation. However, if I look at PLPO the description for node 2 is still listed ad "Test" so if I use the node number from QAMV for the second inspection lot I will get "Test" back instead of the actual operation description "Records".

I know this sounds complicated and I may not explain this clearly but basically I am trying to find the link from the inspection node in QAMV and the operation from PLPO that was used to create the node in QAMV in the first place.

Thanks for reviewing this and I appreciate any help or suggestions that you might have.
QMNewbie

Postby ask » Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:00 am

Did you not look at my earlier post? See how you utilize AFVC
Anand
ask

Postby QMNewbie » Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:08 am

Anand,

I apologize for not reading your earlier post thoroughly enough. I misunderstood when you said to use the the inspection lot as an order type in AFVC. I thought that I was supposed to use the inspection lot as reference for the Operation Task List no and since it is only a 10 character field my inspection lots would not be the correct reference (11-12 character lot number sequence). As I reviewed further I realized that I should get the correct Operation Task List No. from QALS as it is assigned to the inspection lot in field AUFPL. Now that I understand this cross-ref I can get the information I am looking for. I believe this will solve my problem.

Thanks for your assistance and patience in helping me with this issue.

Regards,
QMNewbie

Postby ask » Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:35 am

you're welcome and Bingo !
Anand
ask

Return to Logistics QM